Male Fashion Disasters

SuitSnob

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SuitSnob Acolytes!!! Hear me now! It is YOUR responsibility to report all Male Fashion Disasters here so they can be held in riddicule and contempt!!! Don't let my good work be in vain!

Yes Sir, we will not rest until Jim Watkins starts wearing a jacket on a regular basis and all the men of New York City local TV news start dressing like professional newscasters.

On another note, Jim Watkins DID wear a jacket last night on the CW. Lets all hope that he continues wearing a jacket from now on. Also, I was at CBS 2 on Friday, June 20th and I met Don Dahler, Kristine Johnson, Lonnie Quinn, and Ducis Rogers. Don, Lonnie, and Ducis were all dressed very well and everybody their was extremely nice!

Well DAMN! All the defending and championing of Wragge that I did and the fucker went tie-less on The Early Show today! Slob!

But interestingly enough, good ol' Ira Joe was in for Lonnie. Is he back at CBS?

Yes Sir, we will not rest until Jim Watkins starts wearing a jacket on a regular basis and all the men of New York City local TV news start dressing like professional newscasters.

On another note, Jim Watkins DID wear a jacket last night on the CW. Lets all hope that he continues wearing a jacket from now on.

Well, that didn't last long. Jim was jacket-less again on Friday night. What is up with that? It's not like he's rushing in from the field to report breaking news.....

Reasonably nice, bordering on very good. I'd have to see the suit from a bit more distance, preferable standing to get a better grip on the fit, but from that shot it looks OK. Tie looks good in the shirt collar. Dashing pocket square, but it would be better if it were not quite so good a match for the tie.

OHMIGOD!!! Dapper Jeff Smith was the guest weatherman on Good Morning America this morning and he looked so damn good!!! Papa SuitSnob is so proud...imagine if he had gone national dressed like he used to?

I am imagining that Sam is off this week going to that secret resort in the South Seas where he drinks the blood of infants to stay youthful....

• 3 weeks later...

Anyoen know the name of the incredibly hunky, dapper fellow subbing for Al on the Today show this morning...Jeff something? I think I asked this once before, but forgot who he is and where he came from.

Oh and MY GOD did anyone see Lonnie on The Early Show this Saturday? A fruity striped tie, an ill-fitting lightweight blazer two sizes too small and stonewashed JEANS!!! He looked like crap!

Also, the wonderfully appointed Chris Wragge has taken to removing his tie for the second hour...weird!

Damn, I miss my NYC Boys!

Anyoen know the name of the incredibly hunky, dapper fellow subbing for Al on the Today show this morning...Jeff something? I think I asked this once before, but forgot who he is and where he came from.

Oh and MY GOD did anyone see Lonnie on The Early Show this Saturday? A fruity striped tie, an ill-fitting lightweight blazer two sizes too small and stonewashed JEANS!!! He looked like crap!

Also, the wonderfully appointed Chris Wragge has taken to removing his tie for the second hour...weird!

Damn, I miss my NYC Boys!

Was it Jeff Ranieri from NBC Weather Plus? I didn't watch the Today show this morning, but if it's a Jeff filling in for Al, it's usually him. If it's not him, then I'm not really sure.

SuitSnob-I have some bad news for you. Just as I thought it was safe to turn on the CW 11 and find Jim Watkins looking as stylish as ever...I was very disappointed. Yet again tonight, he wasn't wearing a jacket. :)

For the past couple of times I have turned on the CW 11, he has been good and has worn a jacket, but tonight, no jacket. I hope he isn't back to his old routine.

Good old Lonnie was not very stylish on The Saturday Early Show. I saw him today, and he was in an ugly pair of white pants, a weird jacket, and he took off his tie for the last half-hour.

Sometimes he can be great, other times, he can be very poor.

Good old Lonnie was not very stylish on The Saturday Early Show. I saw him today, and he was in an ugly pair of white pants, a weird jacket, and he took off his tie for the last half-hour.

Sometimes he can be great, other times, he can be very poor.

Well, SuitSnob had the Saturday Early show on his good ol' DVR and caught Wragge and Lonnie, otherwise known as Champ and Chump-the only two NYC Newsboys he still gets broadcast into his living room.

Yes, Lonnie looked a bit douchey...but it was a vast improvement over last week's jeans. :puke:

The Studly Rags is so weird. First of all, yesterday once again he started off looking just damn PERFECT...the guy even did a segment where he was lying in bed all suited up and yet STILL looks James Bond-level perfect...not a stich or hair out of place. And DAMN the man has invested in some seriously NICE shoes.

Then what does he do? He takes his damn tie off for the last hour too!

Open Letter to Chris Wragge, Fashion Superstar:

If you are going to compromise your professional suit standards by taking off that neat and natty tie that so completes the other perfect components of your ensemble, why not go all the way and do the morning news in a nice bathing suit so we can all enjoy your Adonis-like physique, such as in this photo that you clearly were not posing for:

wragsRear.jpg

If CBS management won't go for that, I think wearing only boxer briefs would be a good choice too. Remember: First hour, suit and tie...second hour, near nudity. I thank you in advance for your consideration!

Sincerely,

SuitSnob

My longtime readers/ fans/ crazed stalkers will recall that Mr. Wragge has had a quite a suited journey from his former sportscaster days when he inflicted his LA wardrobe full of suit parodies on an unsuspecting NYC audience. The man has gone from the lower 20th percentile to the top 10th percentile-quite a leap. I have noticed lately that he is not wearing his natty French cuffs on the morning show..is he too sleepy to fuss with cufflinks or trying to go for a more casual look? Can one of my NYC Minions see if he is still wearing them on CBS2?

In response to question one: yes, Wragge is still wearing cufflinks on the local news (at least at 11:00)

In response to question two: yes, Watkins is going jacket-less again in a french-cuffed shirt.

You leave town and they feel the pressure's off! Get back here and police these jokers, will ya?

Well, it doesn't exactly take The SuitSnob to let people know that having an anchor go jacketless looks completely unprofessional. I'm sure even Helen Keller could have figured that one out. What the hell are they thinking over at CW11?

Jeff Smith subbing for Spandex Sam Champion again this morning looking absolutely SNAPPY! Way to go...from dressing like a farmer upstate to looking GQ on the national feed! Jeff rocks (and is a real meteorologist to boot!)!

Hey SuitSnob - Did you see Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News from Beijing on Sunday night? He looked like he was about to go yachting off the coast of The Hamptons. No tie at all and he didn't not look professional one bit. Come on, he's the anchor of NBC Nightly News, not a features reporter for The Today Show.

Hell, Suited God Matt Lauer has been dressing casual for the Today show all week! Is it the Chinese heat, or is it that compared to the spandex-clad athletes they seemed dessed up wearing Dockers?

Jeff on GMA again...another home run outfit indicative of a fantasitc overall presentation. Damn, the man will be going places!

Archived