New WPIX set?

DMA

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if you want to count the Spanish language stations, WNJU a few months ago quietly ended their morning, midday and weekend newscasts.

Wow, what a horrible economy... This is really beyond abysmal, lol.

I doubt that there would be new graphics, the graphics are relatively recent. There are photos of the set build on WPIX's facebook site, but they stopped taking photos of the build, to keep the final look a surprise. I hate that signature though, it sounds like a MIDI.

Hmm, based on these pictures, I'll have to say that WPIX may likely have the best set in the DMA. I'd say WCBS is probably the next in line to redesign their set, they've had theirs since 2002 or 2003. They definitely need an update. WABC may be a close second, but then again one can question what can they really do with so little space.. Perhaps when the economy is better as they say..

How do you figure that WPIX "may likely" have the best set based on an extreme close-up picture?

Overall pictures, not just those two.. And plus their set was always one of the nicest in this DMA, the rest of the sets seem to be dated, I guess a close second would be WNYW, but the rest really don't seem all that breathtaking...

I don't think it was their set that was anything remarkable but the way it was lit.

Honestly, think about it... the layout wasn't anything spectacular but the lighting gave it tons of depth.

That's actually a great point... They used cool filters and other techniques and it just made the set look very different. I don't know much about lighting other than WPIX's set was done in a really neat way.

That's actually a great point... They used cool filters and other techniques and it just made the set look very different. I don't know much about lighting other than WPIX's set was done in a really neat way.

That is true, but one thing that I found annoying was there was one light that kept dimming and lighting up again and again.

Archived