New WPIX set?

DMA

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't believe there was ever any discussion regarding new graphics.

Sounds like new graphics are coming. A Daily News article on the news director's leaving says: "The station is also preparing to debut a look for its newscasts, including a new studio set-up."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/08/31/2009-08-31_veteran_tv_news_.html

New set, probably new music, yeah, I'd expect new graphics.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.........:(

Yeah I agree they had that theme for decades, I kinda liked it but it was starting to become dated... Who knows maybe it'll be an updated version...

This says otherwise. I doubt they had that signature commissioned for just ID's, promos and the website (or whatever people said it's on)....

I understand that there' always a possibility that they'll drop the music, but there's never been any direct evidence. The DN article is very vague.

They just showed a little bit of a timelapse of the new set build in a teaser ad. There are blue duratrans on each size, the desk is mostly grey with a plasma up front, and what we thought were plasma stands actually seem to be holding photos.

This video was similar to this video:

[yt]MJXnofUJexs[/yt]

I just discovered this video, it seems to be a new news theme?

Edit: They just showed a closeup shot of the duratran on the morning news, it's this weird satellite view thing :/

They just showed a closeup shot of the duratran on the morning news, it's this weird satellite view thing :/

I wonder if that's going to be the weather area or something because there was also a ticker thing on top... I doubt they'd have a satellite/radar or whatever that thing was as a background for news.

WPIX showed the plasma wall thing just now, the plasmas are all slanted inward, it actually does look like a window. It looks like the graphics will stay, not sure about the music, I will record the open.

Jim Watkins likes standing up at the four vertical plasmas. I guess he thinks he's Wolf Blitzer.

It's interesting how they have to frame the reporters so that their faces aren't split up between the middle two monitors. Then when they take the reporters full, they're still off-center.

Just got our first sample of the new theme... same signature and it kind of reminds me of one of WCBS's 1996 bumper themes.

Archived