New WPIX set?

DMA

Why call it PIX 11 and bring back the circle 11 NYNews?

Give them credit for bringing it back. Most of us weren't too fond of the CW11 logo, but c'mon. Although many here grew up watching 11 as a kid (see my avatar) did you really think the station was gonna revert back to the way it was 30 years ago? I'd love to see the Yankees back on PIX, but the earliest that could happen (if it ever does) is 2012.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not fond of the cw logo or the network? or both? Isn't the CW's programming geared to younger viewers?

No, not a full retro 11. That would be impossible but it wouldn't hurt to try it. Exclusivity is sexy. lol.

YES! The Yankees back on WPIX. There's no place like home. 2012? Oh well. :(

Like they say don't believe the hype until you see it lol. But come on its not really that bad. The 6:30 news is more like a preview for the 10pm news more or less. If you noticed, a lot of the 6:30 stories were developing stories they were working on for the 10pm broadcast. I think its nice that they are even attempting a 6:30 broadcast, they can't put all of their resources on a broadcast they are unsure about. They did a smart move although its half-assed, its wise.

Isn't almost every other stations earlier newscast a preview of their late newscasts? If you've ever been stuck at home sick all day and watched the news on other stations all day you would see that several stories are repeated or repeated and updated.

Well I guess I'll be the minority in this. I like the new set, this shows (to me) what a news set needs to be. The duratans of the Brooklyn Bridge and the NY skyline enhances the set along with the new 4 plasma monitors showing the live footage of New York City. Some sets are so organic and so similar. This to me is very different, and I like a bit of variety. I would place this set at number 2 or 3 behind the sets of WCBS and WABC. Good job to PIX 11!

During the first commercial break at 6:40pm they used a bumper tease that they've used for a while now as music to send to commercial, but it was the first time we heard the end of the bumper and it was great! It was better than the music they used to end the newscast with. Hopefully someone could upload it on youtube so the rest of you guys could hear it.

So some of us have commented on the quality of new, what about the rest of you guys what were your thought on it? I'm loving the fast paced news that removes all the fluff and gets to the point. The comment about the news being intense was right. keep up to the good job WPIX.

Well I guess I'll be the minority in this. I like the new set, this shows (to me) what a news set needs to be. The duratans of the Brooklyn Bridge and the NY skyline enhances the set along with the new 4 plasma monitors showing the live footage of New York City. Some sets are so organic and so similar. This to me is very different, and I like a bit of variety. I would place this set at number 2 or 3 behind the sets of WCBS and WABC. Good job to PIX 11!

It's the Manhattan Bridge.

Isn't almost every other stations earlier newscast a preview of their late newscasts? If you've ever been stuck at home sick all day and watched the news on other stations all day you would see that several stories are repeated or repeated and updated.

I never disputed that, of course every station does this. Perhaps you misunderstood the point that I was trying to get across, what I said was that their 6:30pm broadcast was more like a tease for their 10:00pm broadcast, because they obviously have only 30 minutes as opposed to a full hour, they can't spend as much time on the story as they would have at the 10:00pm, so they truncate them, and elaborate them more during the 10pm broadcast.

Michael P. Hill is reporting that the set was designed by FX Group. Normally, I'd shoot down what he has to say, but seeing as A) he is a former employee of FX and probably still has connections and B) It looks a lot like a FX Group set, I'd have to go with that.

I don't doubt that it's an FX set, the desk is very similar to the new WPBF set. I'm just surprised that there were blackwalnut boxes. Since blackwalnut is in Rockland County, I guess it makes more sense for them to build it, instead of shipping it up from Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived