New Look

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this, I find it a little too dark, I'm kinda used to the old Blue look, lol. I'll try it, not sure if I'll keep it though. But it is certainly a nice change, don't get me wrong. These new graphics are nice, haha. :D The problem is that the text appears very small, but it could be my browser too... :D

Would you guys be receptive to this design if it was in shades of white/gray?

Yeah, definitely lighter colors would be better, I switched back to the original since I found it too dark for my tastes plus since I visit the forum daily on my Palm Pre and my iPod its kinda hard to read so thats another reason why I had to switch back, but the idea really is not bad at all, and it actually looks better than the old classy look but the colors are just what my problem is with it. I recall that back in the earlier years, when this forum was under SMF, there was a darker option for theme as well, but it wasn't generally favored..

IMO the change is very stark. I do mean that in a good manner. The white text on the back background is easily read (albeit a small size font).

When I "logged in" at 8pm last night the screen was the old one. Imagine my surprise when I logged in again at 1am and saw the "change of life". It took a moment or 2 to locate where the buttons and other menus are, but I survived.

Archived