What's up with Ernie??

Geoffrey

I can't believe he said that and then continued on... and check out Dari's face!

Was anyone watching? Was he like that all night?

Any word on an apology yet? You'd think WNYW management would have forced an immediate apology after Sue Simmons' slip (and I honestly think it was a slip of the tongue with her) on WNBC earlier this year.

I think he meant to say "Stop PLUCKING that chicken"

I think that's very possible... Maybe he wasn't even aware of what he said because he didn't seem to hold back at all.

The News has a writeup of it but has nothing new: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/09/17/2009-09-17_ernie_anastos_.html

And since it happened after 10pm, there will be no fine even if someone complains.

Is that how the rule works? I think the "safe harbor" thing does start at 10 but you have to make an announcement or something... at least that's how it works on the radio.

Plus, people turning news on don't expect to hear that stuff so I don't think the fact that it happened on the 10:00 news absolves the station from a penalty.

I wasn't aware of a watershed here in the US...I don't understand why we're so squeamish of profanity in the US, where most shows broadcast after 9pm in other countries are able to have profane language and/or nudity. Are we really that prudish?

I wasn't aware of a watershed here in the US...I don't understand why we're so squeamish of profanity in the US, where most shows broadcast after 9pm in other countries are able to have profane language and/or nudity. Are we really that prudish?

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!

Because the US still has somewhat of a sense of decency compared to other countries.

It's just in such bad taste to have profane language on broadcast TV. It's only a matter of time before it spreads to the airwaves during the day. Of course, it's completely easy for today's middle school kids to see stuff much worse than what's on after 9pm.

I think he meant to say "Stop PLUCKING that chicken"

I think that's very possible... Maybe he wasn't even aware of what he said because he didn't seem to hold back at all.

The News has a writeup of it but has nothing new: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/09/17/2009-09-17_ernie_anastos_.html

I agree with Geofrey and rd7242. I was actually watching last night but then I switched it over to CW11 at 10:30 to watch that half of the broadcast, regardless of what many people say, I really think he meant to say "Plucking". He probably pronounced it the wrong way as he was laughing while talking, or perhaps had something else in his mind, lol either way I think it came out the wrong way, and that's why sounded like that, because when I think about it, it does not make sense. Plucking sounds more logical in the context of what he was talking about. Chickens are plucked not fucked. So maybe he probably did not notice what he said and it sounded like what most people believed it was.. But when listening over and over to that video you don't really hear the pronunciation of "Plucking" it indeed does more like "Fucking" so thats the thing that questions many people.

Either way he should probably apologize and I guess we'll find out in a few minutes whether or not he will... But I don't think he should be removed from the air for that, its not like he was blatantly attacking or deliberately insulting anyone over the air, its just happy talk gone way overboard which seems to be normal at Fox 5 which is why they have so many viewers, the chemistry between those anchors is phenomenal they enjoy what they do.

Somewhere out there, Roger Grimsby is no doubt smiling.

The best part isn't that he dropped the F-bomb, it's that he either didn't realize or didn't care that he did so. (Given the triumphant laugh at the end I would not doubt the latter.)

That and Dari's reaction. That is priceless.

Archived