WABC begins roll-out of new music

nynewsguy

I like that 5pm open, but not the 6pm. I like those idents towards the end of the video which use the Series 4 signature, but not the others. They shouldn't mix signatures. Of course, I'm not sure if they really needed to change anything-- the original Eyewitness News package was pretty timeless.

By the way, wasn't WABC supposed to get a new set? I heard that Regis & Kelly were moving into the former Tony Danza studio, leaving more space for WABC. Of course, that was a few years ago when I heard that, so I wanted to know if there are any developments on the set front.

Those were false rumors..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^

Ah, thanks for the info. The current set isn't bad; it's just that they could do a lot more. I understand space is an issue, but WNBC were able to pull off a nice set in a small space. Are there any plans at all for a new set?

My guess is that they may more than likely remain with the current and dated Series 4 version of Eyewitness News, and keep the new updates for promos, IDs and etc. I still haven't seen the 6PM intro in recent times, does it still have that new cut? Or is it back to Series 4?

My guess is that they may more than likely remain with the current and dated Series 4 version of Eyewitness News, and keep the new updates for promos, IDs and etc. I still haven't seen the 6PM intro in recent times, does it still have that new cut? Or is it back to Series 4?

As of Friday they still had the new cut...

Its coming... Series 4 will be going away... It's a slow process, as is the usual here.

The transition is already underway.

Archived