KNBC Moving to Former Conan O'Brien Tonight Show studio & offices

CalItalian2

Last I heard they were supposed to be sold. Of course, at that time, they planned on having all the productions moved out of it and to Universal by 2011. The Tonight Show with Conan was supposed to start that process.

I'm guessing we'll eventually hear plans to (once again) move the Tonight Show to Universal, of course it will be on a different stage (Another example of NBC thinking ahead; they could have used Stage 1 for the Tonight Show again and just built the new KNBC/NBC News building like planned).

I don't think Leno would have wanted Stage 1 because it "wouldn't fit his studio space needs".. hahaha.. Leno's current studio is at least 2 and a half times the size of Conan's Tonight Show studio (Stage 1). I think Leno will be the last one to remain at the Burbank lot. They'll probably have all the other studios demolished and Studio 11 will still be used for The Tonight Show. When it comes time for them to move, Leno will probably have a his own brand new super mega studio built at Universal even larger than what he has now.

Or Comcast/NBC could just be jerks and send Leno's Tonight Show to the budget friendly Sunset Bronson studios. hahahaha.. Or better yet, the studios where Family Challenge/Wild Animal Games (I forgot what studio lot that was but I don't think it was in a nice part of town) were taped.

If you want to see a TV station with a "plaza," go hang out with the bums in front of KNSD.

dont forget RATS lol

anchors caught off guard by rats

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/watch-this/Rats_Catch_Anchors__Attention_San_Diego.html

story about the rats

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/politics/Downtown_Gone_to_the_Rats_San_Diego.html

Guest Former Member 207

I believe the actual address of the entire Universal Studios complex is 10 Universal City Plaza in unincorporated Universal City.

I remember that the original plans when they first announced plans of the Burbank-to-Universal City move, that they planned on erecting a building on top of the Metro Red Line Universal City station, which (for you out-of-towners) is located across the street from the studio lot.

A little bit of a hijack: is NBC SD going to get any type of new digs anytime soon? The set looks like a mess and that plaza has a terrible view.

A little bit of a hijack: is NBC SD going to get any type of new digs anytime soon? The set looks like a mess and that plaza has a terrible view.

They said they were "working on it" which means, we have to beg and beg and beg to see if our parent company listens. I have a hunch that they are probably already working on the HD transition, and they would definitely need a new set for HD. Which hopefully means a ClickSpring set instead of FX. The mall next to KNSD is set to get a major renovation within the next few years, so its in their best interest to make the plaza/studio look good, so that they attract more tourists and less bums.

Archived