New ABC7 gfx...

abc7 Man

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have screencaps or even video of these new promos? Thanks! :D

I will be watching Eyewitness News and WABC throughout the day today and I will capture them onto my computer by this afternoon.

The promos are definitely a sign of things to come on WABC. They are using that very upbeat and futuristic sounding cut from The New Generation of Eyewitness News with WABC's specific signature. (which is not actually available on the NG package and is only WABC exclusive) frequently now for these promos. Bear in mind that it is also that same upbeat cut that they use for the promo with Bill Ritter ("Eyewitness News Everywhere....Thats How We Do It"). Maybe that could be a glimpse of what the newly updated theme may be like in the coming days. Maybe it'll be upbeat just like much of the NG of Eyewitness News. That same cut is now being used for all of these talent promos with the giant "Eyewitness News & Circle 7" backdrop. They do not mention the branding of the station yet though. I have yet to hear them say "Channel 7" or "ABC 7" so maybe it may simply be known as "Eyewitness News" or maybe in the coming days they'll come up with the decision.

wxteam250x160.jpg

Either way the graphics and the lower third that is seen at the end of the promos is very shiny and "Hothaus" like. They do look strikingly similar to the current graphics unfortunately with the large font and "EYEWITNESS NEWS" logo italicized. Despite the large font, it still appears smaller. The Circle 7 Logo is also very glossy as well in the L3, and also "3D" like. They definitely reduced the size of the Circle 7 so it looks similar to the proportional size that KGO & WLS uses during their newscasts, which is pretty neat. So WABC is definitely reducing the size of thier L3s and graphics so we can have more "viewing room".

However as many of us mentioned, these promos are extremely fast for some reason, (10 or 15 seconds). So its really hard to really examine or even notice the changes unless they are captured which I haven't done yet but they do look pretty promising.

Anyway it looks like by March WABC may probably have that big change in thier theme music and WABC may perhaps finally begin to represent itself as a Flagship station.

I'll try to capture some of these changes and post them here when I have the time today.

-Vlad

Does anyone have screencaps or even video of these new promos? Thanks! :D

I will be watching Eyewitness News and WABC throughout the day today and I will capture them onto my computer by this afternoon.

The promos are definitely a sign of things to come on WABC. They are using that very upbeat and futuristic sounding cut from The New Generation of Eyewitness News with WABC's specific signature. (which is not actually available on the NG package and is only WABC exclusive) frequently now for these promos. Bear in mind that it is also that same upbeat cut that they use for the promo with Bill Ritter ("Eyewitness News Everywhere....Thats How We Do It"). Maybe that could be a glimpse of what the newly updated theme may be like in the coming days. Maybe it'll be upbeat just like much of the NG of Eyewitness News. That same cut is now being used for all of these talent promos with the giant "Eyewitness News & Circle 7" backdrop. They do not mention the branding of the station yet though. I have yet to hear them say "Channel 7" or "ABC 7" so maybe it may simply be known as "Eyewitness News" or maybe in the coming days they'll come up with the decision.

wxteam250x160.jpg

Either way the graphics and the lower third that is seen at the end of the promos is very shiny and "Hothaus" like. They do look strikingly similar to the current graphics unfortunately with the large font and "EYEWITNESS NEWS" logo italicized. Despite the large font, it still appears smaller. The Circle 7 Logo is also very glossy as well in the L3, and also "3D" like. They definitely reduced the size of the Circle 7 so it looks similar to the proportional size that KGO & WLS uses during their newscasts, which is pretty neat. So WABC is definitely reducing the size of thier L3s and graphics so we can have more "viewing room".

However as many of us mentioned, these promos are extremely fast for some reason, (10 or 15 seconds). So its really hard to really examine or even notice the changes unless they are captured which I haven't done yet but they do look pretty promising.

Anyway it looks like by March WABC may probably have that big change in thier theme music and WABC may perhaps finally begin to represent itself as a Flagship station.

I'll try to capture some of these changes and post them here when I have the time today.

-Vlad

Vlad -

Great observations -

The decision was made to stick with the red/white/blue color scheme - but yes, the L3's are smaller and more streamlined.

Hothaus did a great job in making a package that improves the image without a DRASTIC change (which WABC likes to stay away from). The L3's will be animated, something they haven't been in a loong time - the "shiny" bug, the text will swoop in from the right, from the bug.

You're correct - Gari made exclusive cuts for WABC to use of New Generation. The new talent intros, bumpers, etc are all using the WABC signature in the new generation EWN theme.

The station will remain "Channel 7" - there will not be a switch back to "ABC7" branding. New Yorkers know it as channel 7, and as that it shall remain.

As I said earlier, WNBC makes changes next monday - look for channel 7 changes to coincide with that.

Something I found funny today when getting ready to watch the evening news:

Right before the 5PM news (with Diana Williams and Sade Baderinwa) began, they aired the promo with Bill, Liz, Scott and Lee that says "The team to watch is on Eyewitness News at 6 & 11"

So...is the team that's coming on right now at 5pm NOT the one to watch? :)

Right before the 5PM news (with Diana Williams and Sade Baderinwa) began, they aired the promo with Bill, Liz, Scott and Lee that says "The team to watch is on Eyewitness News at 6 & 11"

hahaha pwned!

And you thought KLST calling themself "The Concho Valley's WORST choice for local news" was stupid :p

Thats great!

ABC7 Man I am an 11th Grade HS Student from Long Island and i created those news craphics for WABC-TV that were on youtube using Photoshop. I created them in my Graphic Imaging Class.

Which HS do you go to? Welcome to TVNT! ;)

-Vlad

ABC7 Man I go to Port Jefferson High School in Port Jefferson Long Island New York.

Welcome to TVNT. I do think they look like the current WABC package. The NewsCopter7 bug looks better with the little picutre of the copter like you had it.

Nice to know where you go to school and why you made that video clip, but I wasn't the one who made reference to how or why you made it.

Maybe at 5pm?

They will come soon enough... They are probably just waiting for the "right time". They are already number one so they technically don't even have to touch their current graphics package which are not pleasing, so lets all remember this very popular quote: "If It Ain't Broke, Then, Don't Fix It", and WABC has never been broke for over 20 years at this point now.

-Vlad

Maybe at 5pm?

They will come soon enough... They are probably just waiting for the "right time". They are already number one so they technically don't even have to touch their current graphics package which are not pleasing, so lets all remember this very popular quote: "If It Ain't Broke, Then, Don't Fix It", and WABC has never been broke for over 20 years at this point now.

-Vlad

Nah. The bosses at WABC are lurking this forum and they just love to frustrate the WABC junkies here just like all the other times there have been changes at WABC.

wxteam250x160.jpg

How come their new gfx promos don't have any "HD" mentioned in them?

Well those are just the graphics for the team, so I don't think the HD is really necessary there.

-Vlad

I think they're better off debuting the graphics with a new set though. You know, start everything off on a new slate.

Thats what I'm saying as well. They are not failing or anything like that, they've always been #1 with their current graphics for the longest now, so they might as well just keep everything the way it is untill Fall 2007. When they get their new set.

-Vlad

Archived