New ABC7 gfx...

abc7 Man

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wfaa8fan

...in their promos. The past couple of days have had their 11PM promos use another gfx package. There is no HD reference in them though. Has anyone else seen them? I saw these gfx both Monday & Tuesday night.

I was told they were already showing off their "new talent" image made by Hothaus...

Course, do not quote me on that. Just 'what I was told'.

...in their promos. The past couple of days have had their 11PM promos use another gfx package. There is no HD reference in them though. Has anyone else seen them? I saw these gfx both Monday & Tuesday night.

Correct you are. Hints of things to come. WNBC is making some major changes to their newscasts in 10 days. Look for WABC to try and get the HD glitches worked out by then - Hothaus is on it's way.

Correct you are. Hints of things to come. WNBC is making some major changes to their newscasts in 10 days. Look for WABC to try and get the HD glitches worked out by then - Hothaus is on it's way.

Can't wait for the Hothaus, I did notice this as well with the 11PM promos, its all a sign and I knew something was up. Sometimes its good to change during Sweeps as well, to get even more viewers in. This could perhaps finally make WABC become the best O&O graphics wise if they change. Will the music change as well?

-Vlad

Ugh, why does WABC get quality Hothaus stuff, while KGO is stuck with crappy in-house graphics? Seriously, KGO's new HD graphics package leaves a lot to be desired.

Isn't it because KPIX has Hothaus graphics, I have yet to see a market where two rival stations that are not owned by the same company have graphics made by Hothaus.

Guest wfaa8fan

Ugh, why does WABC get quality Hothaus stuff, while KGO is stuck with crappy in-house graphics? Seriously, KGO's new HD graphics package leaves a lot to be desired.

Isn't it because KPIX has Hothaus graphics, I have yet to see a market where two rival stations that are not owned by the same company have graphics made by Hothaus.

Hothaus designed two stations in Austin, Texas... KTBC (Fox) and KVUE (Belo).

I'll capture it tonight and post a shot of it, the thing is that they really move through it very quickly.

-Vlad

Have they aired any more promos with the new graphics? I watched some recorded ABC shows from Weds. night and also watched WABC a bit during primetime on Thursday night but didn't see anything new. All I saw were the standard "Coming up.." promos and the short promos for special sweeps reports...which wasn't really anything new.

Do these new promos you're referring to look anything like the current WLS image?

You have to look closely. The thing is that they only show it briefly so you really don't get a glimpse of it.

ABC 7 here in New York is the flagship station, they deserve the Hothaus, in fact they should've gotten those graphics much long ago, the flagship station has been the so-called "underdog" graphics and presentation wise, this could be the year WABC finally acts like a flagship station overall. Before it seemed like WLS deserved the title.

-Vlad

NyNewsguy....you say that NewsChannel 4 will be making many changes to their newscasts soon.....We all know that they will be reducing Live at five to 30 minutes with anchor changes. Are these the changes you are talking about....or are other changes in store such as gfx...sets.....etc.

NyNewsguy....you say that NewsChannel 4 will be making many changes to their newscasts soon.....We all know that they will be reducing Live at five to 30 minutes with anchor changes. Are these the changes you are talking about....or are other changes in store such as gfx...sets.....etc.

I believe the NY Daily News article indicated that there will be a new set.

So, I'm assuming these graphics/promos haven't appeared again since it was first reported on this board on Tuesday? I've been monitoring WABC since Weds. and haven't seen anything new in their promos at all.

Do you guys think they will debut their new stuff on the broadcast that immediately follows the Academy Awards on Sunday? Just a thought..

NyNewsGuy - you have more knowledge of this than anyone else on the board...what

s the deal? Will the graphics be ready for air by, at least, Monday morning?

So, I'm assuming these graphics/promos haven't appeared again since it was first reported on this board on Tuesday? I've been monitoring WABC since Weds. and haven't seen anything new in their promos at all.

Do you guys think they will debut their new stuff on the broadcast that immediately follows the Academy Awards on Sunday? Just a thought..

NyNewsGuy - you have more knowledge of this than anyone else on the board...what

s the deal? Will the graphics be ready for air by, at least, Monday morning?

Well nynewsguy can only reveal so much that can be done, but I believe he said that by March the new graphics and music might debut for ABC 7. As for WNBC the changes are slated to occur soon as well in March also.

-Vlad

why is NBC4 changing its set? I don't see anything wrong with it. Its up to date and all that.

I think they are getting a new set for that new 5:30 show that Perri Peltz is anchoring, everything else will remain the same though.

-Vlad

I saw some new promos today. One for Bill Ritter on Eyewitness News at 6 & 11 and one for the entire weekday anchor team.

In both of them, the talent were standing in front of a blue backdrop with a giant ABC7 Eyewitness News logo superimposed on the backdrop and then studio lights surrounding the photo shoot area.

The first one was just for Bill Ritter and said "Watch Bill Ritter on Eyewitness News at 6 and 11".

The second one said "the team to watch is on Channel 7 Eyewitness News" and showed a group shot of Diana Williams, Bill Ritter, Steve Bartelstein, Lori Stokes, Liz Cho and Sade Baderinwa in front of the backdrop.

Also, on 7online.com, I noticed that there is an updated AccuWeather team graphic that shows Lee, Bill, Heidi and Jeff in front of the ABC7 logo from the the same backdrop used in the TV promos mentioned above.

I saw some new promos today. One for Bill Ritter on Eyewitness News at 6 & 11 and one for the entire weekday anchor team.

In both of them, the talent were standing in front of a blue backdrop with a giant ABC7 Eyewitness News logo superimposed on the backdrop and then studio lights surrounding the photo shoot area.

The first one was just for Bill Ritter and said "Watch Bill Ritter on Eyewitness News at 6 and 11".

The second one said "the team to watch is on Channel 7 Eyewitness News" and showed a group shot of Diana Williams, Bill Ritter, Steve Bartelstein, Lori Stokes, Liz Cho and Sade Baderinwa in front of the backdrop.

Also, on 7online.com, I noticed that there is an updated AccuWeather team graphic that shows Lee, Bill, Heidi and Jeff in front of the ABC7 logo from the the same backdrop used in the TV promos mentioned above.

Right you are - they're rolling out now, and will air throughout the academy awards.

The new talent intros are similar looking - obviously with a lot more graphics, flair, etc...

They're coming - stay tuned!

Right you are - they're rolling out now, and will air throughout the academy awards.

The new talent intros are similar looking - obviously with a lot more graphics, flair, etc...

Thanks for the update, nynewsguy! Just saw another one for Diana Williams and Sade Baderinwa at 5pm ...

I hope the new image debuts on Monday!

where on the site do you see that?

where on the site do you see that?

http://forums.go.com/abclocal/WABC/forum?forumID=70&byThread=false

The "Weather Chat" page

This evening, many of these new promos were played (during the Academy Awards, like "nynewsguy" mentioned). One for the morning team, 5pm, 6 & 11, the accu-weather team, and I don't remember seeing any others. They are very quick so it was hard to look at them and enjoy it for awhile. I very much so like them and can't wait to see what's next for WABC.

Archived