WCBS Getting A New Meteorologist

TellyGenic

Katie is a great on-air talent. She is intelligent, engaging, and beautiful...and the audience loves her! She has a bachelors in communications and will soon receive her meteorology degree from Mississippi State. She has six years of on-air experience - incredible experience. Beyond the on-line videos for AccuWeather.com, and video for the AccuWeather Television Network, she did LIVE hits for networks, including, FOX, FOX Business, ABC, CBS, FOX Sports, The Big Ten, NESN, and more, which is more experience than many others could offer.

I worked with Katie for five years. Beyond her on-air talents, she was always willing to help with demo's, offer creative input, and work additional hours to assist marketing and promotions. She did all of this with a great, upbeat attitude and never complained. There is not an ounce of "prima donna" in her. In addition, she promotes her projects and her employer on all social media platforms on her own time!

Anyone who works in broadcasting would now understand the benefits of having Katie on their team.

Smarmy, I believe I know who you are, so if you would like to hear first-hand the merits of Katie, please feel free to call me. I will gladly share them with you.

Laura Melton

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Marshall is a class act and has a great speaking voice. I truly regret the foolish decision made by CBS. I don't want to judge the other weather reporters but, though John Elliott is a very nice man, I'm sure, he is the most tooth-decaying, hokey individual I have ever seen on a New York news channel.

I think the PIX gig was a one-shot while Lisa Mateo took some time off. But he did really well and maybe it sparked an idea in some station manager's mind...

Or they'll probably keep him and put out at the snow desk when it snows or the heat desk when it's 100 degrees out.. They had Chris Knowles do it right before he was let go..

• 5 months later...

tvknowledge,

I understand that your posts are fairly knowledgeable, but bringing back these older discussion topics kinda disrupts the flow of the current topics we are trying to follow...

Archived