John Marshall

j.wer

Now that Lisa is back, John's going to move on to another temp gig again. Hope he finds a permanent position in New York soon. Does anyone know if he's open to moving to another state?

• 3 months later...

It's a shame. John is very good and well respected. The Katie fehlinger project failed. She's being moved to philly. Wish these news directors would just stick with veterans who are reliable and actually know what they are doing instead of blonds who just read what behind the scene meteorologists put in front of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume he no longer freelancing with PIX. I turned on the weekday morning am show and someone named Kerry Drew was doing the weather..

Kerry Drew is really Kerry Ederer. She did weather at TV 10/55 for several months. Not sure when David Weiss took over for her but its been more than a year. So I assume she knows a little bit about weather.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

He's covering Vanessa's maternity leave for the next few months.

When Vanessa comes back, I do hope she stays on as weekend morning meteorologist. However, I do hope they find a permanent spot for John Marshall. It would be great if he replaced John Elliott in the mornings. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure John Elliott is a great guy, but I think they can use a REAL meteorologist that's not just reading the prompter. I believe other than Vanessa, everybody else is just a weather anchor. If they want to improve their weekday morning newscasts, they have to find a meteorologist that can compete with Bill Evans. Bill has been at WABC for over 25 years and is a REAL meteorologist. I think if WCBS brings John Marshall to weekday mornings, their ratings would improve drastically.

When Vanessa comes back, I do hope she stays on as weekend morning meteorologist. However, I do hope they find a permanent spot for John Marshall. It would be great if he replaced John Elliott in the mornings. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure John Elliott is a great guy, but I think they can use a REAL meteorologist that's not just reading the prompter. I believe other than Vanessa, everybody else is just a weather anchor. If they want to improve their weekday morning newscasts, they have to find a meteorologist that can compete with Bill Evans. Bill has been at WABC for over 25 years and is a REAL meteorologist. I think if WCBS brings John Marshall to weekday mornings, their ratings would improve drastically.

John Marshall could take over for John Elliott on the morning and noon shows, and John Elliott can just concentrate on his hosting duties for the couch.

I don't think people care or even know the difference between a real meteorologist and just a weather forecaster. Look at how successful Sam Champion has been without a meteorology background. The key to strong ratings is a solid newscast with good chemistry and consistency.

Archived