Have fun with this one kids...

first on fox

Supposedly new WCBS line up:

Look for these reworked after all contracts have been settled in the near future.

CBS 2 News This Morning

Chris Wragge and Kristine Johnson

CBS 2 News at Noon

Chris Wragge and Kate Sullivan

CBS 2 News at 5:00pm

Dana Tyler and Steve Bartlestein

CBS 2 News at 6:00pm

Jim Rosenfield and Kate Sullivan

CBS 2 News at 11:00pm

Dana Tyler and Jim Rosenfield

http://tvspy.vault.com/community/mb/getmessage.jsp?message_id=1780511&tidx=15&ch_id=424

Guest Junk Junk

Somebody has this posted on TVSpy. I didn't believe it when I read it there, and I don't believe it after reading it here.

::D

I'm not so sure if Bartelstein-to-WCBS would be a good idea on either end...at least so soon, anyway. For one, would he want to work for an (at this moment) unstable news department? The bigger question is actually twofold: whether, and if so, how he would fit at WCBS.

I'm not so sure if Bartelstein-to-WCBS would be a good idea on either end...at least so soon, anyway. For one, would he want to work for an (at this moment) unstable news department? The bigger question is actually twofold: whether, and if so, how he would fit at WCBS.

But would you really put it past WCBS? I would not be surprised in the least.

Look for these reworked after all contracts have been settled in the near future.

CBS 2 News This Morning

CBS 2 News at Noon

http://tvspy.vault.com/community/mb/getmessage.jsp?message_id=1780511&tidx=15&ch_id=424

I HIGHLY doubt this is the case. Bartelstein did not already go to shop himself around at CBS after just getting fired 2 days ago.

Not to mention, CBS would have a lot of explaining to do if they hired Steve right after he gets fired from WABC for all his infractions.

Sure, channel 2 is ratings hungry - but I'm not sure they're THAT desperate.

I know Kate had anchored the evening news back in Arkansas, but i don't think putting her on the 6pm broadcast is a good idea. Looking at that line up, i don't see how it would help in the ratings. I gave them a shot 1 year ago, they proved themselves, but they went back to their "ways".

Not to mention, CBS would have a lot of explaining to do if they hired Steve right after he gets fired from WABC for all his infractions.

I know it's unlikely, but maybe his most recent "sleeping" incident was planned. Perhaps more money and the 5pm spot wooed him. But i doubt it.

I know Kate had anchored the evening news back in Arkansas, but i don't think putting her on the 6pm broadcast is a good idea. Looking at that line up, i don't see how it would help in the ratings. I gave them a shot 1 year ago, they proved themselves, but they went back to their "ways".

I know it's unlikely, but maybe his most recent "sleeping" incident was planned. Perhaps more money and the 5pm spot wooed him. But i doubt it.

I think that is unlikely as well, as we all know channel 7 crossovers (or crossovers from any station, for that matter!) have not fared well at WCBS.

well, I don't believe for a second that this will be the new lineup, but it is something I actually like.

I've been saying for a while now that I like Kate Sullivan. She needs to be in the evenings.

I mentioned Monday that Kate and Chris seem to be getting a lot of airtime together.

Nobody watches CBS 2 NTM, so Kristine will do great with John Elliott!

Dana does good when she can be more open (aka the 5pm show).

The only note I have against that is that Dana has been on the 6pm show since before 2000. Not only is she the only WCBS anchor that has been on the air consistently since then, she actually has consistently been on a single newscast! That's impressive for WCBS.

I kinda wouldn't like Kate at 6 because it's too serious a show, but shes subbed it before.

Steve.. eh. Watched him once.. don't really know my opinion on him... besides he's a liability.

But WCBS isn't going after WABC people these days. It's the MSNBC/NBC-and anything related.

But that lineup will never happen.

You need perky and energetic people in the morning. Maurice & Kate are more "hard news" type of people, in my opinion. I know Maurice did mornings at WNBC, but they both seem more suited for a nighttime role.

I have to agree, this lineup would not make sense to me, but I think we all have to remember that WCBS is FAMOUS for doing things that don't make sense. Kate is okay in the mornings, but the new WNBC 6pm lineup with Chuck and Sue would kill her in ratings (even more than now).

As for Maurice, I never really liked him to begin with, he just comes off so cocky and arrogant, not something I want to wake up to, come home to, or go to sleep to, so he can leave for all I care. I don't know that WCBS will ever rebuild a morning show as good as they had with Shon and Mario.

I can see John Elliot taking on a larger role, however bad you may think he may be with weather. He has the experience and I actually feel like he is telling me something when he gives the forecast. Are there better people out there? Yes, but he is still good, and can deliver a message clearly.

As for Dunn leaving, it wouldn't surprise me, since they did really trash his hard work, however, I expect that he will stick around. Remember, he likely has a good contract, and is making decent money (more than Philly). If another offer comes along for him, well.....

As for Dunn leaving, it wouldn't surprise me, since they did really trash his hard work, however, I expect that he will stick around. Remember, he likely has a good contract, and is making decent money (more than Philly). If another offer comes along for him, well.....

We all had high hopes when Dianne left. We saw what he was doing, and it looked like from that day in April, something like the 18th of 12th or something, last year that he was going to work his Philly magic.

And then David Friend got hired.

Yea, it was so great to see WCBS in action around this time last year. They had excellent breaking news coverage of several major events. Their graphics and talent was great; they seemed to be a real contender there for a few moments. Then, it all went downhill again.

CBS 2 News This Morning

CBS 2 News at Noon

I HIGHLY doubt this is the case. Bartelstein did not already go to shop himself around at CBS after just getting fired 2 days ago.

Its not happening, there is no point in even dwelling on this subject. WCBS may be a horrible station, but they are not horrible enough to distress the whole anchor team (less than 5 months old I should add) , just for Bartelstein... ::D

-Vlad

CBS 2 News This Morning

CBS 2 News at Noon

Its not happening, there is no point in even dwelling on this subject. WCBS may be a horrible station, but they are not horrible enough to distress the whole anchor team, just for Bartelstein... ::)

-Vlad

What did they do for Kristine Johnson and Chris Wragge? That's right, within 7 months they got rid of 5 weekday anchors... Jim Ryan, Mario Bosquez, Shon Gables, Mary Calvi, and Roz Abrams.

CBS 2 News This Morning

CBS 2 News at Noon

Its not happening, there is no point in even dwelling on this subject. WCBS may be a horrible station, but they are not horrible enough to distress the whole anchor team (less than 5 months old I should add) , just for Bartelstein... ::)

-Vlad

I kinda think they should do it :-X

After all the press and everything that went down with him, I highly doubt that any NY station will touch Bartelstein until he's been to rehab.

He needs to go away and dry out and then prove he can behave himself.

Well, Peter Dunn drove out the Bitch Doctor, then why he couldn't drive away the "Friend" from CBS2 News? and qwertywcbs, Doctor's last day at work was Holy Friday, 2006.

Am I the only one that has concluded that despite how many things I disliked with the way the Doctor ran the news department, I would have to say the news product being put out today is actually worse. Especially when it comes to choosing the talent that presents the news.

Yes, the actual product sucks, but why not firing the "Friend" and actually hiring a good ND for WCBS. They should look at sister KCBS. Nancy Bauer Gonzales made some changes, too, when she hired Paul Magers in 2004. The changes paid off 2 years later. They stole the top spot from KABC for some time, but is now at a strong #2 position. Anyways, Dunn should hire back Ernie Anastos and pair him up with Dana at 6 & 11 and fire Friend.

Archived