Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

More finds from my old tapes - January 1987 clips from KIII.

KIII's Sign Off Sequence featuring the SSB & a snippet of Journey's "Lights" set to night scenes around Corpus Christi

A KIII Station ID featuring the ABC "Together" campaign from the same period

The final minutes of a weekend newscast on KIII, with Dave Goss as anchor, a sports anchor whose name escapes me... and I'm lost on the weather guy who's only seen at the end.

South Texas Community Calendar w/a minute long cut of "Hello News" in the background.

Notably, WWBT used the NBC Affiliate Package for its First at 5 newscast and 11pm open, and WRIC used Symphony at morning and noon and another theme at 6pm and 11pm upon switching to TV8 News. You can hear the Symphony samples at 15:00 and 19:08, and the unID theme is heard at 17:21 and 23:51.

I believe WRIC used these themes from 1992-94 and Total News from 1994-96 or so.

The theme at 17:21 and 23:51 is a production music track called "In Your World" by Killer Tracks.

Tobacco Archive: 1993 news items on the EPA and the tobacco industry. The newscasts are national and local (Richmond market):

http://archive.org/details/tobacco_rrp23e00

Notably, WWBT used the NBC Affiliate Package for its First at 5 newscast and 11pm open, and WRIC used Symphony at morning and noon and another theme at 6pm and 11pm upon switching to TV8 News. You can hear the Symphony samples at 15:00 and 19:08, and the unID theme is heard at 17:21 and 23:51.

I believe WRIC used these themes from 1992-94 and Total News from 1994-96 or so.

I'm pretty sure the WRIC morning/noon theme is part of the 1990 "Discover the Difference" package. It does bear a strong resemblance to Symphony though.

It's a newscast with Pat Harvey from 1989! And that's where the normalcy of this particular posting ends. Looks like we've got a news mystery on our hands.

EDIT: This lasted for a week. Apparently one of the regular newsreaders was in Asia.

Talking about anchor exchange, what about Anne Fulwood in her stint at KXAN (Formerly KTVV)

The guy who uploaded that was missing a lot of info when he first put it up. I found it and told him a lot of the missing information. He had the year slightly off, too.

That exchange was interesting because the two anchors didn't exchange at the same time. Austin and Adelaide are sister cities, both founded in 1836.

Not quite sure if you realize this, but we have

that was used for the Austin end of the anchor exchange, too.

Haven't done a whole lot of posting recently (getting slapped with first copyright strike over the 1992 AFC Divisional Playoff close video); but I did get a 1997 CNN Larry King Live promo up (from an TNT airing of "Support Your Local Gunfighter")

Meanwhile, NewsActive3 put up an WXIA "11 Alive" newscast from April 12, 1980 (near the end of their ABC days; just corrected myself)

• 2 weeks later...

KHOU "No Nonsense News" Promos w/ Dan Rather, Walter Cronkite, Steve Smith & Felicia Jeter - 1987

KHOU Steve Smith Commentaries Promo - 1987

KHOU Newsbreak w/ Steve Smith & Craig Weber - 1987

KHOU Early Prime break w/ promos for Oprah, the 11 Consumer Hotline and a localized "Share The Spirit" Station ID - 1987

• 2 weeks later...