WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

I haven't watched the morning show it idk how long but is Dr. Steve still with the station?

i think so, but on a much reduced role. He only seems to appear when there are medical emergencies or something like that. For the night shows they seem to interview Dr. Nancy Simpkins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
According to the TV Guide, PIX11 News at 5 now airs for a full hour on Sundays as well as Saturdays. I guess that Tastemakers show was cancelled, as I can't find it on the guide anymore.

Same can be said for LocateTV and Zap2it. I'll be reporting on this, shortly on my blog.

UPDATE: Celebrity Taste Makers has been moved to Saturdays at 6:00 p.m.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
but how come the rules say abc affiliates have to preempt abc primetime and air the espn broadcast?

They don't say that. Because Disney (ABC's owner) & Hearst co-own ESPN, ABC O&Os and Hearst affiliates (which are not all ABC) get the right of first refusal to simulcast MNF if their local team is involved.

and i guess WABC and wpvi are executing that right, because how is wpix a sister station? i would gues wphl is a sister station because they air 10 pm news casts on there for wpvi?

Who said anything about them being sister stations? WPIX just happened to have the availability, interest and money to air the game. Nothing more, nothing less than that. It does not mean that WABC and WPIX will be or are sister stations. WPVI produces one newscast for WPHL--at 10pm, that's the extent of their relationship, really. Plus, there are many markets when the local team is playing on MNF, that the game does not air on the local ABC affiliate.

also why is Monday Night Football getting bumped off to WPIX?

Fixed it to make the appropriate words, capitalized.

Blame it on these 4 initials... DWTS. ABC is not willing to pre-empt this show and apparently, it has more meaning than Sports.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the Suki/Kori pairing? I don't know what it is, Suki has gotten a lot better from the really bad era at PIX 11 when she was paired with Frances and I am actually a big fan of Suki's now. I just don't like Kori and I don't think Suki is a huge fan either.

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the Suki/Kori pairing? I don't know what it is, Suki has gotten a lot better from the really bad era at PIX 11 when she was paired with Frances and I am actually a big fan of Suki's now. I just don't like Kori and I don't think Suki is a huge fan either.

Kori and Suki are polar opposites. Everything Kori feels, Suki feels the opposite. When Kori works with Lisa Mateo, everything's great. When Suki works with Dan Mannarino, everything's great. I agree Suki and Kori don't work together. I honestly saw Kori do a solo breaking news shot once on the Staten Island Standoff a while back, and he was so overdramatic, it was cringeworthy.

I agree. Out of all the pairings they've had on that show this is the absolute worst. The best pair they had was with Suki and John Muller.. Lauri Dhue wasn't to bad either.. she was just there at a bad time.. When Frances left I think Craig Treadway should have gotten the spot (him and Suki are good as well) Suki has changed a lot over the years and the show is a bore compared to what it was back in like 2009-2010. They should go back to being on at 4:30 put Kori and Lisa on there and put Suki and Dan on 6-9. By the way I think its time for Mr.G to throw in the towel and give that spot to Chris Knowles or Linda Church.

Mr G. is a venerable instutition in nyc?! how can you fire him?! if you fire him who's scott stanford gonna wind up?! also jim and Kaity should have NEVER BEEN fired/demoted to weekends same with Sal Marchiano(was fired) , but i think tamsen should be fired cause she is more interested in her sex/relationship self help book promotions then news, i cant take her seriously.

Mr G. is a venerable instutition in nyc?! how can you fire him?! if you fire him who's scott stanford gonna wind up?! also jim and Kaity should have NEVER BEEN fired/demoted to weekends same with Sal Marchiano(was fired) , but i think tamsen should be fired cause she is more interested in her sex/relationship self help book promotions then news, i cant take her seriously.

It's true; Tamsen just can't be taken seriously. WPIX is just a mess right now. I don't think anyone will be able to get it to where it was again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Noticed WPIX called in Tamsen and John to cover the presidential address. Not sure if it was really necessary, I don't see why they couldn't just have Kaity do it. They even said that Kaity will be back anchoring the news at 10.

where did they simulcast the address from cnn? cause i cant take Tamsen seriously during events like this