WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Diane Macedo has started anchoring weekend mornings as of today, replacing Cindy Hsu.

Here is Andrea Grymes' tweet from this morning: @AndreaGrymesTV: Welcoming @VMurdockTV back from mat. leave & @dianermacedo to our wknd AM team! @HsuTV still on at night! @CBSNewYork Live 6-7am!

Based on this tweet, Cindy Hsu will be anchoring weekend evenings only.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed the the WCBS anchors and reporters have changed ends of their twitter handles from WCBSWLNY to TV.

The change took place a long time ago, around late January. Here's my post from then:

WCBS changed their twitter handles. I guess they got the message that "LastnameWCBSWLNY" was too long. It's now "LastNametv". Much shorter. However, if they wanted to change their handles, they should of still identified the station it it. I would of done something like "Gainer2" or "Gainer21055" or even "GainerCBSNY" or "GainerCBS". I know they want to identify both stations, but it's better than "WCBSWLNY".

• 2 weeks later...

In response to the twitter issue, why don't they do what WNBC does with their anchors/reporters on twitter. Example for WNBC would be @Shiba4NY, @Tom4NY, @Sibila4NY. So for WCBS it could be something like: @MaryCBSNY, @ChrisCBSNY, @KristineCBSNY and so on. I mean CBS2 personalities are also appearing on WLNY which is also part of WCBS so why not just make it simple.

Based on Twitter, Alex will not be returning as traffic reporter but In another capacity at CBS 2.

I just checked her twitter and I see what you're talking about. That's a shame, I thought Alex was a great traffic reporter. Whatever they do, I really hope they don't plan on having her be a fill-in as a hard news anchor. I like her a lot but not as a news anchor. But I think Jill had better chemistry with the crew than Alex did. It's too bad Katie McGee left, she was my favorite traffic reporter. On a side note, how are the ratings for CBS 2 News This Morning? I wonder if they have gotten better with the addition of Jill.

I just checked her twitter and I see what you're talking about. That's a shame, I thought Alex was a great traffic reporter. Whatever they do, I really hope they don't plan on having her be a fill-in as a hard news anchor. I like her a lot but not as a news anchor. But I think Jill had better chemistry with the crew than Alex did. It's too bad Katie McGee left, she was my favorite traffic reporter. On a side note, how are the ratings for CBS 2 News This Morning? I wonder if they have gotten better with the addition of Jill.

Alex was nice but she wasn't my favorite. I have not watched Jill at CBS 2 yet but I'm sure she is good. CBS 2 News This Morning is always trying to be different (cooking, standing more, different segments, etc...) they need to have a normal newscast. That would help their morning ratings.

Minus John (in my opinion), they have a good morning team. They have the ability to do well. Can they beat the powerhouse morning team at channel 7, no, probably not, but they can improve with the right moves.

Based on Twitter, Alex will not be returning as traffic reporter but In another capacity at CBS 2.

Maybe full time general reporter? Doesn't she also report during "The Couch" If so maybe she's going to be a host on there?

Anyone else notice they play music in the morning while coming back from break now? Real songs like Channel 5 and 11 do

Yeah I've noticed that also. I like that a lot. I remember once waking up and they played "somebody like you" while showing the sunrise. Sometimes in the morning, you would rather just listen to a nice song than annoying news bumpers (not that they're annoying, just when you first wake up they can be).

It appears Diane Macedo has been stalked for a long time...Here's the article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/man-arrested-allegedly-stalking-newscaster-article-1.1758748

Oh, as an aspiring news anchor, that's just chilling. I feel as if stations should do more in the line of security nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

There are reports of shots fired at the garden state plaza mall. So, CBSNewYork.com has a big banner up on their webpage about it, and when I listen to WCBS 880, I have listened to it for a full half hour, and there is not ONE mention about it. Does anybody else find this strange?

• 3 weeks later...

Maurice DuBois is anchoring the 5pm solo

Wow, that's interesting! The only station that I've ever seen do that is WPIX, but that's not a big deal. But I've never seen any network station in New York have an anchor solo during the 5pm newscast. I guess Kristine was off, Alice Gainer or Dana Tyler was not available, and they didn't want to have a two men format (with Dick Brennan)? They should of had one of the reporters assume the role, like Diane or Andrea, and even Cindy Hsu would be great. That's a very surprising move for them. They don't even do this on the holidays. Even the 9pm on WLNY is rarely done solo if Alice and Dick are off.

• 1 month later...

The video isn't up on the FOX website yet but maybe it will be later.. Anyway on the show media buzz they showed a clip of a station somewhere showing a storm doing a report on it.. Then showing Lonnie Quinn using the same EXACT video and script for his report.. They took the original voice out and put his reading it word for word.. It was kinda funny to see since this isn't the first time we've discussed WCBS copying another station.. But this time it was actually someone else's report.