New Scripps Package?

MidwestTV

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A better look at the new lower 3rds and graphics:

Hoping some tweaks are in order, because while this is an improvement from the previous package, the execution is horrid at best (outside of the lower 3rds and weather graphics).

A little late, but....

It's a nice package; a major step up from what they had before (all the ORAAANGGGEE.... :ack: ). It reminds me of Look F a bit.

Hopefully, they'll tweak this a little for each individual station; one problem the old GFX had was the fact that the color scheme didn't mix well with some stations. Also, that CNN...widget is nice, but it's unnecessary; also, it's a little tacky to use only one animation. Plus, I don't want any reminders of the current CNN on local newscasts :bang: .

Plus, did they keep the nice lighthouse close at the end? I've always found that to be a unique representation of Scripps.

A better look at the new lower 3rds and graphics:

Hoping some tweaks are in order, because while this is an improvement from the previous package, the execution is horrid at best (outside of the lower 3rds and weather graphics).

I actually noticed KSHB did this with their new (and God-awful upon its return from the dead) show "Kansas City Live," the graphics were in a letterbox HD format and look DAMN CLOSE to WPTV's current look. I actually wondered if the new Scripps look would be similar to it and it apparently is...but still. Why would they suddenly decide to broadcast in letterbox HD like...CNN...

Oh, and you know, given how WPTV is no longer using the Scripps music package, part of me is actually still holding out hope that maybe this really is a lone WPTV package, and not a new group package. I mean, KJRH hasn't debuted these yet...unless they've been given orders to wait until after KSHB did...

I mean, KJRH hasn't debuted these yet...unless they've been given orders to wait until after KSHB did...

You're right, KJRH is still using the current look (which I've always thought were an improvement over the

), but I have been hearing some new music in two recent promos they've been airing during the Olympics featuring the chimes which sound a lot like the WPTV package.

You're right, KJRH is still using the current look (which I've always thought were an improvement over the

), but I have been hearing some new music in two recent promos they've been airing during the Olympics featuring the chimes which sound a lot like the WPTV package.

Well KSHB debuts them tomorrow supposedly, so we'll just have to wait and see then.

The new look has arrived at KJRH at 5. Nothing too different from WPTV.

I now prefer KJRH's look, especially with the seven day.

KSHB is now supposed to debut tomorrow, most likely during their 11pm newscast. If not then, then either at their 4:30pm or next week entirely assuming that the launch goes as planned. (For SOME REASON, KSHB has apparently had MASSIVE troubles with this new system)

Oh and talk about ironic/odd now; instead of WPTV and WXYZ having blue logo with Scripps Orange (the color I now call it) graphics, KJRH now has a Scripps Orange logo with...blue graphics. Hell even the temperature bug is half red, but maybe that's just because it's so damn hot outside down over there right now.

The new look has arrived at KJRH at 5. Nothing too different from WPTV.

Upon looking at the video of the 5 p.m. weather forecast on their website, I could tell that KJRH executes the animations properly compared to WPTV. The bumpers and franchise opens have a wipe-out animation that WPTV does not use for some reason. Side note: oddly enough, the graphics actually go with KJRH's current news set.

Upon looking at the video of the 5 p.m. weather forecast on their website, I could tell that KJRH executes the animations properly compared to WPTV. The bumpers and franchise opens have a wipe-out animation that WPTV does not use for some reason. Side note: oddly enough, the graphics actually go with KJRH's current news set.

I agree with the animation part.

They won't go with KSHB's though. Theirs is frankly too dark and over 90% of their printed graphics on the set heavily feature orange and bold blues as well as yellow, something that while this new package has, are different shades enough that it'll look odd. It was made for the now old Scripps package, not this current one.

They'll just look even worse with KNXV unless they change the colors of them.

The Graphics Package is an improvement but not anything to go head over heels for. My 1 question is, why are they ignoring the 4:3 Safe Zone?

They're not ignoring it at all, they're purposely broadcasting in letterbox HD and no one knows why it. I noticed this first with KSHB's resurrected-from-the-dead "Kansas City Live" show and wondered the same thing myself.

Someone's been to CNN too many times...

KSHB just debuted them now at noon for their pre-recorded 11am newscast that aired on their sister station. I find his VERY odd since not only is their sister station NOT offered in HD (I think), but the newscast wasn't even live, it was recorded and re-aired again as it always is. Odd way to debut some new graphics if you ask me.

Here's some videos of how KSHB is handling the new look, including some elements yet to be seen until now:

The look pretty good in 4:3. You actually see the whole damn thing. Scripps if you can work with in the safe zone, I'll give this graphics package a thumbs up!

Damn I love their set, but it's starting to/will start to get old soon.

Plus, I still absolutely HATE that CNN box thingy on the left hand side of the L3's. Serves absolutely no purpose but to tel lus that they have a Facebook page and a Twitter account as well as station identification and their slogan; stuff that pretty much everyone knows.

I also think that 99% of the weather graphic's text is way too damn small, see what I mean in the verrrrrry beginning of that video that abric posted there.

They are in 16:9. It's just the way the video is shown on youtube.

here is proof:

go up to :27 seconds.

So that's what that was. I thought it was 4:3.

Damn I love their set, but it's starting to/will start to get old soon.

Plus, I still absolutely HATE that CNN box thingy on the left hand side of the L3's. Serves absolutely no purpose but to tel lus that they have a Facebook page and a Twitter account as well as station identification and their slogan; stuff that pretty much everyone knows.

I also think that 99% of the weather graphic's text is way too damn small, see what I mean in the verrrrrry beginning of that video that abric posted there.

True that. Amen, brother. Out of sight, out of mind, those weather graphics. And the main ones, I get enough of when I watch CNN.

It's funny though. We're not complaining about the package, just the fact that it's a total cheap ripoff of CNN.

It's better than the old one but DAMN have some creativity and originality! For a while there I honestly thought that CNN would be calling up Scripps and either suing them or demanding that they change them in some way, shape, form or fashion.

Hmmmmmm *gets some ideas*

^^

It *does* look like one of those news channels in Asia or Latin America that blatantly copy the look of CNN, the BBC, and others. Even the overall open and full screen graphics look a lot like a combination of American Morning and Early Start.

Archived