New Scripps Package?

MidwestTV

Any word on when this would be rolled out to the former MGH stations like KGTV. I think the graphics will suit them well.

Nope sorry. anyways.

After seeing the video that A3N posted over in the news music side of this whole ordeal, I find it interesting to note now how KSHB doesn't use a "nighttime theme" to their open like the other two stations (WPTV and KJRH of course) do. Their open is the same for all newscasts; no nighttime skyline photos or early morning photos in it like the other two. DO the other two use early morning photos though like they use late night ones?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this today on KGTV:

KGTVnewgfx.jpg

Ooohhh Shit....It's coming to a TV near you. (Not sure if I'm Happy About that. I want them to keep the "ABC News Collection" aka Eyewitness News Theme and keep thoes copy cat CNN L3s in the 4:3 Safe Zone. That is all.

God I hope they get a new logo with this new graphics package! Theirs looks like it came straight out of the 90's and I'm sure it looked old back whenever they debuted it.

That looks like something you see on an NBC station.

You're right. :p It does. Why? Because it's already on all three of Scripp's NBC affiliates hehe.

All kidding aside though, you're right. NBC stations really do seem to use white for a graphics package more than the other ones. Fox affiliates I've noticed stay more with reds and blues, especially reds.

WMAR apparently switched to the new graphics today. Last night, during storms in the area, they were on the old brick-based set and old graphics (they may have changed earlier, but Tuesday night was on an old set and old graphics - no open since they were in extended coverage due to tornados in the area). Will try to get some caps uploaded.

J

Just looking at

, the colors of the lower 3rds actually blend in nicely with their current logo (except for the time/temp bug), even though WMAR's graphics before their previous ones used a lot of blues, blacks and yellows as well:

Went back and looked at the 3 minutes of last night my DVR caught, and there was a hint of the new graphics on one weather graphic. Otherwise, I couldn't tell, since there was a generic crawl cross the bottom of the screen - everything else was a radar with an old graphic and just the two anchors and the weather guy on screen with no other on screen graphics...

Sunday had the old graphics so between then and today the switch was made... Interesting that it wasn't done on Sunday, since WMAR airs no Saturday newscasts...

J

I freaking HATE that damn CNN box in the lower freaking left! like shyte. it serves us absolutely no purpose what-so-ever at all, and all THEIRS does is tell us their website address, logo, and slogan. Totally. Freaking. Useless.

And they also REALLY need a new set badly!

More of WMAR's graphics from their YouTube channel:

They ended up posting an entire half hour of their morning newscast, so we get to see the Scripps copyright close as well (with the new music).

EDIT: WFTS made the switch to the new graphics and music yesterday:

I honestly LOVE how much more DIVERSITY there is in this package! While the opens are standardized (duhviously), the stations now seem to at least have a choice in HOW it looks. None of the four stations that have this package have shown us the *exact same* opening (with the few obvious exceptions of voice overs and logos) like the last package and most other standardized opens.

...a three second open? really? they have those? wow. oh well though no matter, still different from the other ones I guess.

But why did they get rid of their voice over? I've never even been to Arizona but damn! He was practically THE VOICE of ABC15.

And although I still feel as if red or orange graphics wold work there better in Phoenix/Arizona, perhaps maybe those blue graphics will actually make it feel COOL down there compared to those 105 degree temperatures I'm seeing there! :p

KNXV's open.... With Scott Chapin as voiceover?

WFTS New Open:

Now, if memory serves me correct, didn't both WFTS and KNXV use the 2007 glossy ABC logo in their station logos? I noticed that both stations seemed to have reverted to the 2D version for the opens and time/temperature/ID bug (though the weather graphics in the KNXV video seem to show the "glossy" variant). It seems odd considering that most of ABC's affiliates have been converting to the 2007 version from their variants of the original 1962 ABC circle logo since the former was introduced.

Now, if memory serves me correct, didn't both WFTS and KNXV use the 2007 glossy ABC logo in their station logos? I noticed that both stations seemed to have reverted to the 2D version for the opens and time/temperature/ID bug (though the weather graphics in the KNXV video seem to show the "glossy" variant). It seems odd considering that most of ABC's affiliates have been converting to the 2007 version from their variants of the original 1962 ABC circle logo since the former was introduced.

In promos on air and online, the abc logo is glossy (at least for KNXV) but in the opens and even those going back to the 2007-2008 graphics, the abc logo is as you mentioned in 2d. It looks weird and not sure why they would have two different variations. I'm curious to see what they would do with the former MGH stations, since they use the glossy logo on air/online.

Archived