New Scripps Package?

MidwestTV

Don't know when, but It looks like the New Scripps Graphics are coming to WRTV, based on this picture that I stumbled on (It's the Bio Pic for the stations newest reporter. BTW All of the other pics have WRTV's previous graphics in the background).

31369459_640X480.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably when they debut their new newsroom I imagine, but either way that sort of looks nice.

I highly doubt that they'll wait until their newsroom remodel is finished to debut the new graphics. WRTV began their remodel a few days before KGTV, and in KGTV's case it will take two months to complete. Most likely they'll debut within the next two weeks, but its almost certain that it will be by September 10th (When several fall programs begin, i.e. Katie, etc.).

I believe the new graphics will debut on WRTV September 2nd, 2012. New mic flags have been seen sported by the news team today. The logo is now the full "RTV6ABC" Logo, Vs "6ABC" which is on the mics now. I really wish they would just completely do away with the "RTV6" Brand....It has absolutely no meaning without the "W"...."We aRe TeleVision."

Also promos for whats coming up on EXTRA and JUDGE JUDY have sported the new graphics (Oddly with both ABC's 3D Glossy Logo and ABC's 3D No-Gloss Logo).

The picture for WRTV is also now in Widescreen (With Bars On top and Bottom), during all programming, Network and Local.

I believe the new graphics will debut on WRTV September 2nd, 2012. New mic flags have been seen sported by the news team today. The logo is now the full "RTV6ABC" Logo, Vs "6ABC" which is on the mics now. I really wish they would just completely do away with the "RTV6" Brand....It has absolutely no meaning without the "W"...."We aRe TeleVision."

Also promos for whats coming up on EXTRA and JUDGE JUDY have sported the new graphics (Oddly with both ABC's 3D Glossy Logo and ABC's 3D No-Gloss Logo).

The picture for WRTV is also now in Widescreen (With Bars On top and Bottom), during all programming, Network and Local.

The only reason why they even go by "RTV," I suspect, is so they can be like those other television stations that have three-letter call letter branding such as KSN, KHQ, and WGN and can be referred to as/like the other television stations that have "TV" in their call letters like WPTV, so then people would refer to them as "RTV" much like people refer to channel five as PTV, channel six in Miami as TVJ

A little history of voiceovers on KNXV:

News 15 launched in 1994, but our first open comes from post-ABC switch. 15 has a history of short opens or at least short music.

uses a short "sting" music and a rather long-winded voiceover from Charlie Van Dyke. (Yes, he was on 15. Yes, this explains why 12 during the News Station Mk I era used a female VO talent.)

Van Dyke was out by 1997, replaced with a new female voiceover who would do the first "We Won't Waste Your Time" opens. (There were no opens for parts of the WWWYT Mk II era.) By very early 2001, David Kaye was in (even if the open consisted of him saying "News 15 at 10 starts now". That clip was in the NewsActive3 collection, and it won't be returning anytime soon.)

I was incorrect in regards to the day WRTV will debut their GFX. It looks like it will be either this upcoming Sunday, the 9th or Monday the 10th. Here's a screen grab from Channel 6, using the new graphics for Daily Programming Promotion, featuring "Judge Judy' and the 5pm Newsteam, Ericka Flye, Todd Connor, and Chief Meteorologist Kevin Gregory.

NOTE: The Station logo now shows the NEW "Black Pearl" aka ABC Logo for Fall 2012, as seen on KGO-TV, WFTS-TV,WMAR-TV, and several other Scripps Stations.

A2DOyoiCYAI6aGn.jpg

KGTV could debut the new graphics today since this promo popped up today... Also some spiffy new promos featuring the Scripps brand has popped up as well.

KGTV10logo.jpg

Edit: No new graphics at 5pm, most likely they'll debut Sunday or Monday.

KGTV could debut the new graphics today since this promo popped up today... Also some spiffy new promos featuring the Scripps brand has popped up as well.

KGTV10logo.jpg

Edit: No new graphics at 5pm, most likely they'll debut Sunday or Monday.

What was the promo? I mean, is it online or anything or what?

What was the promo? I mean, is it online or anything or what?

Yeah, this was part of a promo for their newscasts, which I must say looked very spiffed up. Of course a majority of the video (there is some new video/shots in there) used in these promos are recycled from other promos, but they have been updated to include the new Scripps graphics. They also have a new promo that touts the Scripps brand and its history in San Diego, it was very well done and I can't help but think that it was done to show off the new owners. New graphics did not debut on Friday, but if they debut today, I will post some opens up.

Yeah, this was part of a promo for their newscasts, which I must say looked very spiffed up. Of course a majority of the video (there is some new video/shots in there) used in these promos are recycled from other promos, but they have been updated to include the new Scripps graphics. They also have a new promo that touts the Scripps brand and its history in San Diego, it was very well done and I can't help but think that it was done to show off the new owners. New graphics did not debut on Friday, but if they debut today, I will post some opens up.

Is it possible you can get that Scripps promo up? It's very unusual for a corporate owner to be this forthright about owning a station, especially to the degree Scripps has been. The most I can think of is maybe Gannett, and even they're pretty subdued aside from the damn "A GANNETT COMPANY" thing on their sites.

I have to say this look and theme is growing on me. I remain unsure about the L3s, but the rest of the graphics look great, very contemporary. And I'm starting to think they made the right move with Inergy.

Is it possible you can get that Scripps promo up? It's very unusual for a corporate owner to be this forthright about owning a station, especially to the degree Scripps has been. The most I can think of is maybe Gannett, and even they're pretty subdued aside from the damn "A GANNETT COMPANY" thing on their sites.

I have to say this look and theme is growing on me. I remain unsure about the L3s, but the rest of the graphics look great, very contemporary. And I'm starting to think they made the right move with Inergy.

I have to agree. When I was watching last night, Itica did mention that hey were a Scripps company a couple of times during the newscast. It is overwhelming!

Oh yeah another thing. Did ANY of those Scripps stations inform their local TV service providers that they would be broadcasting in letterbox and for them to make the appropriate change? No? Then please tell me why.

Also, I just saw a woman on their fanpage who said that these graphics are WORSE than the old ones! :huh: what the hell lol

Here is the promo and open. No new graphics today.

A2bxnLuCYAAx-lV.png

FROM THEINDYCHANNEL.COM

RTV6 Prepares To Unveil New Downtown Studio

RTV6 Begins Broadcasting From Monument Circle Sept. 10

INDIANAPOLIS -- After months of hard work and planning, RTV6 prepared to unveil its new downtown studio on Monday near Monument Circle.

The new studio is the result of RTV6’s partnership with WIBC radio, which already operates from Monument Circle.

RTV6 will unveil its new studio at 5 p.m. after a ribbon-cutting ceremony, followed by a live 7 p.m. broadcast.

The public is welcome to attend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: WRTV also has now posted this story. THE WEBSITES WILL CHANGE OVER ON WEDNESDAY.

They posted a teaser image with a story to let the readers know of the change. TheIndyChannel.com is #1 Website for News in Indianapolis. The "regular posters" posting their goodbyes to the current format... Well, you read it....the posters always make me laugh.

"Coming Soon: An All-New TheIndyChannel.com"

31423422_400X300.jpg

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31422222/detail.html

GOD well that's terrible! I personally prefer theindychannel's current look over that damn Scripps one. but either way, I am VERY surprised still that Scripps hasn't decided to design a new website either.

...then again...the Hearst stations had the same relative look for about ten years or so so...

Archived