New Scripps Package?

MidwestTV

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No new graphics for KGTV today, despite showing a 5pm preview during the afternoon daytime programming using the new stuff. The two male anchors were out today, so not sure if that's a reason why they didn't debut today or there was some kind of technical glitch.

It's so wierd. During the News at 6, they aired a taped mayoral debate and they were using the new graphics during the debate, but using their old graphics during the newscast. Maybe they are just tweaking the graphics. I did notice that in the debate clip, the bug did not have a box around it, but during the teaser for the the News at 5 that aired during Katie, there was a box around the logo.

I love that close at the end....very energetic and dynamic, and probably one of my most favorite cuts of Inergy =]

SO much better than KSHB's! That's for sure. Theirs is practically one guitar plucking each of the notes one by one until the end.

I wonder if WCPO (flagship), KERO and KMGH are next up for the new graphics and music.

WCPO had been dropping hints on their website the last few weeks (at least on the weather section of their page) that they would be launching new graphics soon, but it's a matter of them flipping the switch at this point, with KGTV, KMGH and KERO not far behind.

WRTV is using both ABC News and Inergy music packages and looks like WEWS is doing the same with Inergy and The Scripps Music Package.

Total nitpick, but outside of Gari, does anyone really refer to Eyewitness News as the "ABC News Package"? Because when people refer to an "ABC News" music package,

what I
. It's not like CBS where you can argue that the Enforcer signature represents the company better than their national news themes, or NBC and its chimes which, yes, are more familiar to most people than "The Mission". ABC News = The Trumpets to me, and likely always will.

As for the WEWS close, yes, that's a very nice cut of Inergy... but the "Until our next newscast" bit (which I love) went SO much better with the old music. The new music and graphics are technically better, of course, but some part of me kind of wishes they just evolved the "gold ribbons" pack and the Scripps music. At the very least, I think they should have kept that little audio signature for the

Say what you will about it, the old stuff was extremely distinctive. (Not saying that the new ones aren't.)

The former McGraw Hill stations (WRTV, KGTV, KMGH, KERO) have switched over to the Scripps website platform.

Thank god. The new one isn't perfect nor is it in any way stylish, but it is a huge upgrade from before, and it was a far more important change than the set or graphics.

...a three second open? really? they have those? wow. oh well though no matter, still different from the other ones I guess.

But why did they get rid of their voice over? I've never even been to Arizona but damn! He was practically THE VOICE of ABC15.

And although I still feel as if red or orange graphics wold work there better in Phoenix/Arizona, perhaps maybe those blue graphics will actually make it feel COOL down there compared to those 105 degree temperatures I'm seeing there! :p

At least it's softer than the last open they had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJW_AWOBaxI

They'll probably just end up launching in HD don't you think?

More than likely just standard-def 16:9. I don't think it's that difficult to go from shooting in 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD, and likely can be accomplished with little hardware investment.

Archived