Comcast Sportsnet rebranded with NBC logo

Spring Rubber

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it happens today although it is possible they could do it for the early edition of SportsNite which would lead into tonight's baseball games. I think they are shooting to launch tomorrow for the the season debut of their pro football pregame shows. At least here in Philly, the last couple of looks have always launched with some team's PreGame Live show (last one was with the Flyers in '10 and the one before that with the Phillies first playoff game in '08).

Whenever they update the baseball graphics (be it tomorrow or next year), I really hope they don't start using the goofy light-up dots for balls and strikes like the current SNY graphics and the previous ESPN graphics. It's such a popular gimmick these days, but honestly, the current CSN score graphic is close to perfect. It's simple and to-the-point; balls, strikes, and outs are given as numbers like they should be rather than those annoying light-up dots.

Whenever they update the baseball graphics (be it tomorrow or next year), I really hope they don't start using the goofy light-up dots for balls and strikes like the current SNY graphics and the previous ESPN graphics. It's such a popular gimmick these days, but honestly, the current CSN score graphic is close to perfect. It's simple and to-the-point; balls, strikes, and outs are given as numbers like they should be rather than those annoying light-up dots.

It seemed like from the Troika case study that it might have a similar layout.

But yeah, I didn't really like the current CSN look in places. Why they chose Eurostile of all fonts, it just made it look tacky.

As of Pregame Live this afternoon, the NBC graphics are now in use on CSN Philly.

At least here, it looks like at least some of the graphics aren't peacock-heavy, even in the open, so you know what? I think I'm going to have one eye on PHL 17 at 1, and one eye on RedZone (if Verizon ever turns the channel on.... GRRR they're being annoying this year).

They did run a nice little ID just now, with the NBC peacock flying in to become part of the CSN logo, and set to the chimes. So it's not like the NBC branding isn't going to be heavy, but they aren't putting peacocks all over the graphics like I thought. And Pregame Live is using the existing CSN music. I thought they were going to use the Sunday Night Football music, but Pregame/Postgame Live has its own music that's used across all sports, so I can understand.

So far so good though. It's really striking how much of a leap this look is from any RSN I can recall. I can't wait to see more of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the baseball stuff until next year. I'm sure the graphics are done, but I'm not sure if they want to go through the trouble of loading the new graphics into the system with only a few weeks left in the season.

PHL 17 is using the old stuff for their afternoon game, but there's a doubleheader today so CSN has an unexpected game at 6.

Did they make any modifications to the CSN Chicago stuff for the White Sox game? At least here the short CSN logo with the two swooshes is no longer used; it's been replaced with an italic Arial Black CSN next to the peacock. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to just swap out the logos considering it's not a huge change. You should also be seeing new mic flags - CSN Philly is using ones with the peacock above "CSN" ala CNBC.

Did they make any modifications to the CSN Chicago stuff for the White Sox game? At least here the short CSN logo with the two swooshes is no longer used; it's been replaced with an italic Arial Black CSN next to the peacock. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to just swap out the logos considering it's not a huge change.

No.

You should also be seeing new mic flags - CSN Philly is using ones with the peacock above "CSN" ala CNBC.

Yes...for a few days.

White Sox Postgame Live is still using the old graphics. I guess they're even gonna keep the baseball Pregame/Postgame studio shows on the old graphics until next year? The Giants and maybe the White Sox and O's should be going to the postseason. Will we see new graphics during the Postgame Live for the playoff games?

White Sox Postgame Live is still using the old graphics. I guess they're even gonna keep the baseball Pregame/Postgame studio shows on the old graphics until next year? The Giants and maybe the White Sox and O's should be going to the postseason. Will we see new graphics during the Postgame Live for the playoff games?

CSN Chicago must not be on their game then. Eagles Pre/Postgame Live is using the new look (which looks to be lifted from the NBC sports update look). They're also running really nice IDs.

At this point I think this is a staged rollout. Pregame/Postgame got the new stuff. SportsNite didn't, but any graphics that had a Comcast SportsNet or a CSN logo have been updated to the peacock stuff. (The open was even updated, though it's impossible to see the new logo unless you freeze frame.) The Phils game is just using the old stuff period, logo and all.

All of CSN's rollouts, at least here in Philly, have been gradual. They usually do live games and Pre/postgame first, then they take their damn time with the studio shows. SportsNite took a while to change to the SportsNet Central graphics introduced in Bay Area, and Daily News Live still used the early 2000s music and graphics into last year. What they have now actually fits with the NBC stuff, so I don't really see them changing things aside from the lower thirds and fullscreens.

Archived