Joe Nolan moving to afternoons

nynewsguy

The morning team said goodbye to Joe Nolan this morning after 25 years on Eyewitness News This Morning.

He moves to the 4PM and 5PM shows effective tomorrow, 1/31.

Heather O'Rourke, the current afternoon traffic reporter replaces Nolan in the morning.

WABC wanted someone to be able to provide standups for traffic reports in the AM, and that's just not going to be Joe.

So instead of pushing him out, they shifted the schedules.

It stinks for Joe because he's been their so long and the morning is the big time for traffic..During the afternoon most people are coming from work and are not in front of a TV...but honestly I'm not shocked because every other station has an attractive female doing the traffic.. and looks bring in ratings..

It stinks for Joe because he's been their so long and the morning is the big time for traffic..During the afternoon most people are coming from work and are not in front of a TV...but honestly I'm not shocked because every other station has an attractive female doing the traffic.. and looks bring in ratings..

I think that's what people like about WABC and why viewers were so endearing toward Joe. He's a witty and likeable guy that people trust.

He'll fare well with the current position. After all at least he doesn't have to wake up early anymore. I mean he is pretty much aged so the morning shift won't be as taxing anymore..

• 1 month later...

I've been away and at first thought Joe was on vacation, but after three weeks, realized that probably wasn't true. I live just a few blocks from the studio and don't have a car, so the traffic report isn't of any personal interest, but what I misss is the comraderie and banter between Bill Evans and Joe, who were obviously long-time friends. I never realized how much I enjoyed that until it was no longer there. Makes me sad...

• 1 month later...

It's been a little over 2 months since the move and I just have to say, Heather and Bill are really working well together. They have fun and like each other and have even got some creative names going like "Weather and Heather" every 7 minutes. I like Joe and am glad he is still on in the afternoons but I am really enjoying Heather in the mornings.

• 4 months later...

Archived