I'm sure WNEM TV 5 is not a SCRIPPS station ...

susquvalleywgal

While looking for good stories in my OPML RSS feeds, I found this:

http://www.wnem.com/story/21557451/credit-bureau-to-local-woman-youre-dead

Almost idential L3's to Scripps, including the left animated bug on the L3's. At last check, they are a Meridith station. Is the new Scripps look going syndicated?

-- Matt

Aside from the box on the left, this doesn't look even remotely like the Scripps graphics to me. It looks like a very basic package with one element shoehorned into it.

Doesn't mean it looks good - frankly, it looks terrible - but aside from that box, nothing about this looks like Scripps.

Aside from the box on the left, this doesn't look even remotely like the Scripps graphics to me. It looks like a very basic package with one element shoehorned into it.

Doesn't mean it looks good - frankly, it looks terrible - but aside from that box, nothing about this looks like Scripps.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one!

Oh dear God. Those L3s are bad on the level of

and
. My eyes are still bleeding.

That being said, it's plausible that one of WNEM's graphic artists looked at WXYZ's Scripps L3s and thought, "hey, I could try that too!"

It looks like it's in SD. It also completely clashes with the OTS graphic seen at the end of the clip.

Archived