Pat Battle

j.wer

I saw her doing a story this week in the field, but am starting to wonder if she still co anchors the weekend edition of Today in New York She has not been on in a few weeks. Could it be cost cutting has left it solely to Contessa Brewer?

I saw her doing a story this week in the field, but am starting to wonder if she still co anchors the weekend edition of Today in New York She has not been on in a few weeks. Could it be cost cutting has left it solely to Contessa Brewer?

She has been at WNBC for years so I doubt they are demoting her but I hope that they do. It isn't bad enough that she is overweight and doesn't have the looks to be on tv but she also messes up all the time and is always commenting and says strange things. It is her job to report the news and not to give her view on everything but I would consider watching WNBC on weekends again if they get rid of her.

Contessa said It's just vacation time for Pat.

Are the comments on her appearance really necessary?

She's not overweight and has mentioned on air she has lost weight since her breast cancer treatment in 2010.

I'm guessing you don't want Joe Nolan on TV either?

She has been at WNBC for years so I doubt they are demoting her but I hope that they do. It isn't bad enough that she is overweight and doesn't have the looks to be on tv but she also messes up all the time and is always commenting and says strange things. It is her job to report the news and not to give her view on everything but I would consider watching WNBC on weekends again if they get rid of her.

Yeah, you may not want to use your first point as a reason for demoting her.

Yeah... :wacko:

Yeah, Pat's been doing weekends for years...at least since the NC4 days as far as I can remember. And plus, it's the weekends, I think it doesn't hurt to say a little something off-script once in a while. It shows you aren't some cyborg robot newsreader with the personality of a maple tree. She's the perfect personality for the weekend, don't see any reason to take that away.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone catch Weekend Today in NY

Erika Taranta said we are in subbing for Pat and Gus ,,,,,

I always assumed it was Pat and Contessa's program..with Contessa being on maternity leave?

Did anyone catch Weekend Today in NY

Erika Taranta said we are in subbing for Pat and Gus ,,,,,

I always assumed it was Pat and Contessa's program..with Contessa being on maternity leave?

Contessa is on maternity leave and Gus is her fill in...I guess since he is off this weekend the thing to do is to say that Gus is off since its his show until Contessa comes back.

Perhaps he replaced Contessa and when she gets back she will replace Erika on weekend evenings and Erika will move up to a weekday slot perhaps being a full time co-anchor at noon or 6 or say I say perhaps even replace Shiba as she is not terribly popular at the station. Is Rob a full time noon co-anchor? I ask this cause I found it unusual this third week in he only did two out of 5 days. I know he just work 7 days back to back tho I still find it very odd he would be out from his regular gig so long being new. Anyone know if the rumors of a 4 pm newscast and/or Chuck retiring or giving up a newscast are true? He has too big milestones coming up turning 70 in November and celebrating 40 years at WNBC so he may want to move on.

Perhaps he replaced Contessa and when she gets back she will replace Erika on weekend evenings and Erika will move up to a weekday slot perhaps being a full time co-anchor at noon or 6 or say I say perhaps even replace Shiba as she is not terribly popular at the station. Is Rob a full time noon co-anchor? I ask this cause I found it unusual this third week in he only did two out of 5 days. I know he just work 7 days back to back tho I still find it very odd he would be out from his regular gig so long being new. Anyone know if the rumors of a 4 pm newscast and/or Chuck retiring or giving up a newscast are true? He has too big milestones coming up turning 70 in November and celebrating 40 years at WNBC so he may want to move on.

They are not going to replace Shiba, but WNBC has a trick up their sleeve.

WNBC started running promos for Erika and David as the 6pm and 11pm Weekend anchors so she is just filling in on week day and weekend mornings.

Actually Erika is permanent on the noon and 7 pm shows Monday - Wednesday and does the weekend evenings Saturday and Sundays. However I can see Erika doing the noon and 7 five days a week in the future, leaving her weekend position open for Contessa and thus leaving Contessa's weekend morning position available for Gus.

Gus might replace Chuck in the coming year.

Gus will not replace Chuck. If that was the case, he would've already been anchoring some newscast. I agree with most that Contessa will move to weekend evenings and Erika will move to noon and 6pm weekdays. I see Rob picking up the 6pm once Chuck retires and Tom the 11pm. Perhaps why Tom is picking up additional reporting duties to beef up his role at the station.

Perhaps this might be the future line up. Weekdays TINY and noon: Michael and Darlene. 4 and 6: Erica and Rob. 7 pm: The anchors switch off. 5 and 11: Tom and Shiba. Weekend TINY: Pat and Gus. Weekend 6 and 11: David and Contessa. Perhaps Steve will replace Janice as chief met and she will go to TINY and co-host of New York Live. We shall see.

Perhaps this might be the future line up. Weekdays TINY and noon: Michael and Darlene. 4 and 6: Erica and Rob. 7 pm: The anchors switch off. 5 and 11: Tom and Shiba. Weekend TINY: Pat and Gus. Weekend 6 and 11: David and Contessa. Perhaps Steve will replace Janice as chief met and she will go to TINY and co-host of New York Live. We shall see.

Most NBC O&O (with the expection of a couple) stations have a different anchor team doing the midday or noon newscasts as opposed to the morning team doing the noon shift as well.

Most NBC O&O (with the expection of a couple) stations have a different anchor team doing the midday or noon newscasts as opposed to the morning team doing the noon shift as well.

WCAU and WTVJ both use their AM teams, and KNTV kind of does too.

Archived