Rob Powers anchoring First at 4 today

BehindNYNews

Anyone remember the last time a sports reporter at WABC subbed as anchor?

WCBS has used Otis Livingston on weekends.

There was Steve Bartelstein, who started as weekend sports anchor and transitioned to morning news anchor taking over Robb Hanrahan's spot next to Lori Stokes after they rebooted the show for a second time in 2001.

Great promotion to leave the sinking ship of SLC to be back with Disney

He never left Disney/ABC in the first place. He moved to WABC when WTVG was still under Disney/ABC ownership.

He was pretty good, but his mannerisms were a little rough at first (not in the typical anchorman pose). He fell into a rhythm quickly and he has really good chemistry with Liz.

Last week when David filed in on the mornings he was great..He has a personality for the morning (he is also good as a serious anchor too) I wish they would dump Ken Rosato and put David in his spot..I think him Lori and Bill flow a lot better.

Last week when David filed in on the mornings he was great..He has a personality for the morning (he is also good as a serious anchor too) I wish they would dump Ken Rosato and put David in his spot..I think him Lori and Bill flow a lot better.

David has a great morning personality, but don't get rid of Ken. Lori, Ken, Bill and Heather are a great team and as long as they stay #1, I see no reason to change anchors.

Sure enough, Rob is on again. It's funny though, I don't know if David was supposed to be back today (or they thought), but the lower third at 4:30 had David's name on it and the first reporter addressed "Dave and Liz".

Communication.

The good thing for Rob is that the 4:00 newscast is the "lighter" of the EWNs of the day, with more human interest, tech and other topical things like that, so his personality can flow through. I've seen both newscasts this week and he's been all right.

NY Daily News reported on a possible anchor change where David moves to mornings and Rob takes David's place First at 4.

While I like both and think they would fit perfectly, I would certainly miss Ken. I think Ken and Lori fit perfectly, but right now, there is nothing to worry about as it is just a rumor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/powers-play-revamp-wabc-news-spots-article-1.1315170

I think this may be a credible rumor because a month before Heather O'Rourke moved to mornings, she "subbed" for Joe in the am. In 2 weeks, David "subbed" in mornings and Rob "subbed" First at 4. We will see... CBS2 is looking for a morning anchor... If this is to happen, I would expect it before May sweeps and if true, I am really gonna miss Ken.

Rob might be the next Larry Beil. He is the 4pm co-anchor and Sports Anchor at 6 and 11pm at KGO/ABC 7 in San Francisco. Sounds like Disney is trying to save money by killing 2 birds with one stone. Seems silly to pay a full time salary to someone who anchors 1 newscast a day. And I think David and Lori would be great in the morning. Ken is ok but a little boring at times.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived