Rob Powers anchoring First at 4 today

BehindNYNews

• 4 weeks later...

Rob filled in for Ron Claiborne as the newsreader on GMA Weekend yesterday. As far as I can tell, ABC News doesn't usually "call up" from its local stations (except maybe to find a weather anchor on GMA if Sam and Ginger are both out). He also recently filed a report for GMA, and as already discussed, has been fill-in anchoring on EWN First @ Four and EWN This Morning. I'm very interested in seeing what's ahead for him.

• 4 months later...

Rob Powers just did the last two editions of EWN at 5:00 P.M., with Diana Williams. He did an okay job. He just seemed to talk in and out about sports a bit. But he does do good with serious news.

Call me crazy, but I like it when they try these things out. The only time I did not like it so much was when they did it with Chris Wragge back in 2006. His transition led to the shelving of Roz Abrams.

WABC shuffles their anchors all the time the only anchor I've never seen in the evenings is Ken Rosato.

Then you haven't looked hard enough. He did like a week with Diana around New Years.

Do we need to post every time Rob anchors... we get it, he fills in rather often.

Sorry geez didn't know you were gonna have a cow about me posting it. Just thought people would like to know...Not everyone reads these boards every second of every day of the week.

Archived