The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Well, you kinda asked me not to. But I'll make a post anyway.

I'm not mad at you. And please don't regret it, because I probably think you need to let that out. And I commend you for it.

And you're right. I don't have to repeat my stance again because I've said what I had to say, and I meant every word.

So I'm going to take that for what it's worth. And I commend your statement.

But, Yes. We can agree to disagree on that. And I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I honor everyone's different views and such. But that part that you said, that I would make a post instantaneously, like my opinions count and the others don't, and that's never the intent. But when it comes to someone saying "Get Over It, Let's Move On" and blah, blah, blah, that's almost like a defense of what my main thing I was talking about all along. Folks are going to take offense for what I said, and that's all fine and dandy. But when someone tells me to "Get Over It, Move On", I got to suck it up and be mute about it and not say a word, Hell No. If that response was directly at me, and if it feels it needs to be replied, EVEN IF it didn't need for a reply in the first place, If I feel that it needs to be, and if I feel strong about it, as well, then It IS what It IS. I'm going to say something about it. I'm not going to be mute and not say anything.

I know you were trying to make a point, and of course defend that Dumbo, but I actually did find the "bastard" part somewhat amusing, So I take no offense to that. But my stance on them have not changed, and as long as those assholes are where they at right now, it will not ever change. They are what they are, as I call it as I see it. I call a spade a spade. And I don't make any apologies for what I call them. They deserve to be called what they need to be called. If I see things that I don't like, I going to call it as it is. And I'm not going to be mute about it. And for folks that said that I need that psycho-whatever it is. It's going in one ear and come out the other. If it happen in Philly, I think the millions would probably need that.

And you're right, I'm not going to let it go. My stance on the music is not going to change because that's is what I believe in. You're absolutely 100% right and exact. And I'm not going to stop preaching about that.

But like I said, I said what I said that's that. And that's that.

now this is what I'm talking about.

If It Ain't Broke......

I'm watching 7 now (as of 11:35am/CST), and they're having a Special Weather Report. Both Phil & Troy are tag-teaming. And on top of that, there's a Bears game at Soldier Field too. I wouldn't be shocked if they delay a game for at least an hour, before the rain is out. It looks like they're going to be on for a while.

If It Ain't Broke......

I'm watching 7 now (as of 11:35am/CST), and they're having a Special Weather Report. Both Phil & Troy are tag-teaming. And on top of that, there's a Bears game at Soldier Field too. I wouldn't be shocked if they delay a game for at least an hour, before the rain is out. It looks like they're going to be on for a while.

the way she said "Diane" sounds like from Family Guy.

As of 1:42pm, the special report is still rolling. Stacey & Ben is still there THIS LATE! (they were on at 5am this morning), and Troy & Phil is still tag-teaming. Phil standing at the big plasma at the Weather Center, while Troy is standing at the Chroma key. I know Ravi & Karen should be showing up before long. The Bears game started on time, then it stop at 4:51 left in the first quarter. Still on a rain delay now.

As of 2pm, looks like Troy left and Mike Caplan showed up.

At last check, Ravi called in saying he was en route from the south suburbs to the north suburbs, with the ultimate goal to getting to the station about now. Karen tweeted the commute was a disaster. Mike has now replaced Troy, and Jerry called in saying he was going to try to get in from Lemont during the quiet periods.

I figured I should mention, WBBM and WMAQ's morning anchors and meteorologists are still on, as are Jim Williams and the ENTIRE NBC 5 Storm Team. Jordan and Bange are now on WGN, and Bellis and Strehl are anchoring Fox's coverage, but they've only broken in a few times, while the others have been wall-to-wall.

Update: Johnson and Jiggetts have taken over on 5. Most of the sports reporters at the stadium are pulling weather duty, while a few stations have reporters outside the facility.

But you don't realize there a process in all of this, and these fools obviously didn't do their homework.

But I still think that the music shouldn't been altered.

The theme would've lasted another 21 years.

And who are you to judge? Are you the only viewer? Because your opinion alone does not mean anything and for you to think because that is your opinion that it is everyones opinion is just wrong.

That is great that that is what you think (or should I say want) but the people with all the information from studies etc... have the facts and the fact is, that it was best for the station to update the music.

In your opinion, but maybe that isn't what would have been best for WLS.

We have taken your opinion for what it's worth. Many times. You're entitled to it, and we all pretty much respect that. My main problem, and others will agree, is that on MULTIPLE occasions we've voiced our opinions, only to be shot down by you.

I can not agree more. Spot on.

And who are you to judge? Are you the only viewer? Because your opinion alone does not mean anything and for you to think because that is your opinion that it is everyones opinion is just wrong.

That is great that that is what you think (or should I say want) but the people with all the information from studies etc... have the facts and the fact is, that it was best for the station to update the music.

In your opinion, but maybe that isn't what would have been best for WLS.

I never said anyone's opinion was wrong. I don't have to judge anyone, and I don't have to be the only viewer. And you don't know what's best for the station. And where are your facts that states that? HUH!! You don't know what's best for the station. You can't tell me what's best for the station. How dare you say that shit to me? You're just as clueless as Miles and Dumbo. Outsiders who don't know shit. And that's just sad. You don't make any sense. Where are your goons with the info and studies that proved your point? You can't prove fact, without it being proven. Now where it is? Huh!! Yoo-Hoo!! You will never prove that to me. How dare you say that!!! :mad: :angry:

Anyway. Special Report continues and now Stacey & Ben has been relieved by Karen & Ravi on the 3pm hour. And Jerry showed up about 15 minutes ago. Jerry & Mike is now tag-teaming.

I never said anyone's opinion was wrong. I don't have to judge anyone, and I don't to be the only viewer. And you know what's best for the station. And where are your facts that states that? HUH!! You don't know what's best for the station. You can't tell me what's best for the station. How dare you say that shit to me? You're just as clueless as Miles and Dumbo. Outsiders who don't know shit. And that's just sad. You don't make any sense. Where are goons with the info and studies that proved your point? You can't prove fact, with it being proven. Now where it is? Huh!! Yoo-Hoo!! You will never prove that to me. How dare you say that!!! :mad: :angry:

I didn't say one mean thing in my post. I didn't say I know what is best for the station and you don't, but I did say, your opinion is not set in stone fact and your opinion is not the only opinion.

Your only making yourself look bad by using flamboyant terms and such words get you nowhere in life. Not one mean thing was said.

I don't have to judge anyone

You may not have to, but you do.

Circle Seven

Drill this through your skull. As my boss, Dave Barger said: "What got us here, won't get us there". Same thing with ABC 7. What brought them to 1st place, not necessarily was going to keep them in the top stop for more years. And no, don't mention 6ABC, they are a power on their own. BUT, they do keep updating as necessary to keep relevant to this time.

Circle Seven

Drill this through your skull. As my boss, Dave Barger said: "What got us here, won't get us there". Same thing with ABC 7. What brought them to 1st place, not necessarily was going to keep them in the top stop for more years. And no, don't mention 6ABC, they are a power on their own. BUT, they do keep updating as necessary to keep relevant to this time.

I have to say, I don't fly JetBlue but Dave Barger is a good man. As is David Neelman for that matter. (Aviation = My life, lol)

5 Anchors.

4 Meteorologists.

2 Sportcasters.

Nearly all the reporters in the station's arsenal.

Hour 8 of storm coverage continues...

By the way, how often do TV stations use a 32-year anchor as a social media reporter? :lol:

I didn't say I know what is best for the station and you don't, but I did say, your opinion is not set in stone fact and your opinion is not the only opinion.

I never said my opinion was fact or made it as fact. I never said that. And I never said that it was my only opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I didn't say one mean thing in my post.

Your only making yourself look bad by using flamboyant terms and such words get you nowhere in life. Not one mean thing was said.

You may not have to, but you do.

Like I said, I don't judge anyone. But since you said what you said, that's how you feel about it, that's your opinion, and your opinion only. Oh well. It is what it is. And what I said, it is what it is. You call it as you see it, and I call it as I see it. I call a spade a spade. No matter how you splice it or if its been twisted around, a spade is a spade. So YOU take THAT for what it's worth, and you can send that straight to the cleaners.

Some folks just don't get it. "....the fact is, that it was best for the station to update the music." You don't know what's best for the station. What kind of shit is that? How dare you to say that shit to me. But that's your opinion. But where's the fact that support what you said? There's is none! WHY??? Because that's his opinion!!!! Opinion is not FACT!!! How dare you say that shit to me?! And you obviously don't know what's best for the station. I can't believe this shit!!! :mad: :angry:

Circle Seven

And what you just said just now, I don't protest that. WLS has to be more competitive because the other channels being more competitive. I'm saying that the theme song should not have changed. That is it. I honor your point and I don't protest. That's anything in life, not just the media business. WLS ratings have skipped a bit, but they still on top. There was no reason to eliminate history. I mention WPVI to drive my point. Yes WPVI & WLS are two different stations, with different contents. I'm not going to protest that. And yes, no station will be on top forever. Otherwise, Channel 2 in Chicago would've stayed #1 to this day.

So I agree with you with that terminology you pointed out. Even though my philosophy haven't and will never changed, see look, there's something we can agree on. Thank the Lord for that.

5 Anchors.

4 Meteorologists.

2 Sportcasters.

Nearly all the reporters in the station's arsenal.

Hour 8 of storm coverage continues...

They just went off, ten minutes short of 9 hours. All Chicago stations are done for the evening...until 9 and 10.

All the meteorologist except for Tracy. Wow! And they just got finished with the Bears game not too long ago, and it ended in OT. The coverage ended a bit after 7:20pm. I hope they do an extention of the 10pm news past 11pm tonight. Talk about Wall-To-Wall coverage from 11am this morning.

And this is the second time this year that they've went this many hours of weather coverage. Back in April, they pre-empted the entire morning schedule, because of all that heavy rain and flooding. They were on from 4:30am till the end of the 11am show.

Check out ABC7's facebook page, people are commenting crazy because ABC7 stuck with severe weather coverage instead of airing "Once upon a time"

And those people that complain about interrupting a TV show that can easily be repeated, need to be shut their asses up. That was a deadly tornado, and they complain about some show that can easily be repeated, or can be rewatched via online streams. Back in May, we'd talked about folks complaining about severe weather alerts that interrupt their "precious" programming, while that vital information like a severe weather alert can save their lives. They obviously don't care about their own livelihoods. I don't like that one bit. Things can get repeated. A show can get repeated. You can't repeat a life. Tell that to the families of the five people who lost their lives today in this tornado.

So if they were on for almost nine hours, that meant they pre-empted the 2nd half of ABC's This Week as well. Talk about Wall-To-Wall coverage.

Nope, my math is bad. It was 8 hours. Either way, they beat NBC 5 by a few minutes, so technically, it was a victory...in the poorest sense of the term.

Is it wrong that I found channel 7's coverage to be entertaining at times? Besides the fact that I'm a meteorology student, something about the coverage was pleasing to watch. By the time they had been on 6+ hours, all the studio personnel loosened up, and somehow it calmed the mood. To be clear, they weren't making fun of the situation, but they were clearly enjoying their work and the company of each other. THAT is why they're Chicago's #1 news.

Oh, and I think the weekend evening team might be my favorite anchor line-up at the station.

Nope, my math is bad. It was 8 hours. Either way, they beat NBC 5 by a few minutes, so technically, it was a victory...in the poorest sense of the term.

Is it wrong that I found channel 7's coverage to be entertaining at times? Besides the fact that I'm a meteorology student, something about the coverage was pleasing to watch. By the time they had been on 6+ hours, all the studio personnel loosened up, and somehow it calmed the mood. To be clear, they weren't making fun of the situation, but they were clearly enjoying their work and the company of each other. THAT is why they're Chicago's #1 news.

Oh, and I think the weekend evening team might be my favorite anchor line-up at the station.

Sorry, but the edge goes to WMAQ on this one. No other station had their ENTIRE weather team present covering this storm both on tv and social media and thus providing the best up-to-the-minute coverage throughout.

Sorry, but the edge goes to WMAQ on this one. No other station had their ENTIRE weather team present covering this storm both on tv and social media and thus providing the best up-to-the-minute coverage throughout.

I personally give 7 the edge based on experience, no necessarily on how many were present (Tracy Butler did call in with contributions at one point, just not in-studio)...but that's just my preference. At any rate, you couldn't really go wrong with either station today. Imagine thinking that WFLD was a good choice for coverage. Yikes.

I personally give 7 the edge based on experience, no necessarily on how many were present (Tracy Butler did call in with contributions at one point, just not in-studio)...but that's just my preference. At any rate, you couldn't really go wrong with either station today. Imagine thinking that WFLD was a good choice for coverage. Yikes.

If you look at the totality of the coverage from every station and the information provided, WMAQ did the best job imo. Let's not forget that Brant, Andy and Pete have a ton of experience under their belts and Cheryl and Alicia both did a commendable job in their respective roles. Overall, I think all stations, even WFLD, did a good job at handling things. While I am sure you can nitpick a few things (WFLD- Bill deferring to Mark as to where certain towns are in relation to others in the storms' path, etc...) , nothing major really sticks out from what I saw.

My main beef with WFLD was their lack of coverage. I realize they were limited by the Green Bay game, but from what I noticed they didn't take full advantage of the early afternoon period. I checked in a few times, and in half the instances they were showing a movie instead of going live. They didn't even have the ticker going. I dunno, it just seems like they're not even trying, anymore. Overall, 5 and 7 were excellent, 9 was clearly lacking personnel (notably Skilling), 2 did what they could with the Bears game returning, but Fox was crud when they had the chance...not crap, but crud. And, nothing against WMAQ as a whole, but I just can't stand Brant Miller, so that certainly skews my opinion.

I never said my opinion was fact or made it as fact. I never said that. And I never said that it was my only opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Like I said, I don't judge anyone. But since you said what you said, that's how you feel about it, that's your opinion, and your opinion only. Oh well. It is what it is. And what I said, it is what it is. You call it as you see it, and I call it as I see it. I call a spade a spade. No matter how you splice it or if its been twisted around, a spade is a spade. So YOU take THAT for what it's worth, and you can send that straight to the cleaners.

Good God, already.

I rarely post, but you sound ridiculous and unnecessarily redundant. Could you tighten up your arguments a little? A little goes a long way, and you look buffoonish when you go on a diatribe in every post you make.

Good God, already.

I rarely post, but you sound ridiculous and unnecessarily redundant. Could you tighten up your arguments a little? A little goes a long way, and you look buffoonish when you go on a diatribe in every post you make.

I don't think that response was directed at you. However, I do take your suggestion. Whether I follow that or not, it's my choice. But I do take your suggestion. But like I stated, what I stated above, I've meant every word that I said, even if you think it does sounds repetitive and/or rediculous, and I make no apologies. It is what it is.

Going back on topic at hand which was the WLS's storm coverage, I did see the WCL-pre-empted 11am newscast today. Linda & Hosea anchoring with Tracy & Mike tag-teaming. The Governor had a long press conference that went past a couple of minutes past 12pm. Last night's 10pm news ended at 11:23pm last night, as what I expected. Nice to see Alan at the Big Board last night too, going over viewer photos after that deadly storm.