Jodi Applegate to fill in on WLNY's "The Couch"

PIXfan

Since she does sports between 4:30a - 7 AM, and just returned from maternity leave after having a baby, my guess would be she wants to be off air between 7 AM - 8 AM so that she can pump her breast milk [...]

Having the baby alone is reason enough...and that would've been enough. :lol:

Not true at all. Ratings for the Couch have never been higher than a .2 for total household televisions. The preferred viewer breakdown for males, females and adults ages 25-54 is 0.

As good as Jody is compared to the other three (who have no business being hosts of a 2 hour show), no one knows she's on. If Jill decided to leave channel 5 on her own, the only rational for Jill N. to move over there is for an eventual position at channel 2. Unless, their thinking of rebranding the whole show with Jill and Jody and giving that a shot. Or maybe get a slot on the 9 o'clock News which is showing very modest growth.

Not true at all. Ratings for the Couch have never been higher than a .2 for total household televisions. The preferred viewer breakdown for males, females and adults ages 25-54 is 0.

As good as Jody is compared to the other three (who have no business being hosts of a 2 hour show), no one knows she's on. If Jill decided to leave channel 5 on her own, the only rational for Jill N. to move over there is for an eventual position at channel 2. Unless, their thinking of rebranding the whole show with Jill and Jody and giving that a shot. Or maybe get a slot on the 9 o'clock News which is showing very modest growth.

What are the ratings for

The 9pm?

What are the ratings for

The 9pm?

We're only able to see morning ratings in the agency package but the nightside people said the TV10/55 news doubled its viewership over the last year. Still a very small number overall but slowly rising and thats how they present it to advertisers

Also, I'm hoping they'll get the new CBS graphics for the 9PM news soon; I like them way better than the current/old ones. (You would think that they would have got them when WCBS did, so presumably they're working on them.) Also, I think that it should be rebranded to WLNY TV10/55 PrimeNews, as to emphasize the fact that's it's the only newscast that airs in primetime (not counting WNBC's NY Nightly News, but does anyone even watch that?).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With Carolina Bermudez out on leave and Jill off today Lisa Kerney was co-host of The Couch today with John.

Alex is still doing traffic. I wonder if Jill moves over to WCBS doing traffic when Alex goes on maternity leave and still is co-host of The Couch?

With Carolina Bermudez out on leave and Jill off today Lisa Kerney was co-host of The Couch today with John.

Alex is still doing traffic. I wonder if Jill moves over to WCBS doing traffic when Alex goes on maternity leave and still is co-host of The Couch?

I would say that Jill probably does both. After all, John and Lisa did both.

The Couch seems to be a hot mess, though. That show hasn't been stable since it's launch. Carolina's surgery was very much serious and had to be done, but between both Lisa and Carolina bring on maternity, then Jodi filling in, then Lisa being removed from the show, to then Jodi ending her fill in duties to make way for Jill Nicolini? The show lacks an identity. I don't get why they wouldn't keep Jodi on, unless she turned down an offer. I don't get why she would, considering it's the perfect schedule for her as a new mother.

Archived