CBS New Graphics Apparenly Revealed

Jess

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just plain awesome; while I'm one of the ones who likes CBS's current graphics, I think these new ones propel CBS stations into the future even though it looks like a Look F ripoff. This is an evolution and I'm going to be along the ride for this evolution.

Like to see how CBS 2 in LA is going to implement this.

Huge improvement from what it looked like before. Really can't wait to see these on KDKA! I wonder if KDKA will get a new set along with the graphics. They're overdue for one.

They sure do. They got a refresh in 2007 but that was 6 years ago and it was the same basic layout as the previous. Whatever KDKA do, you know the graphics are going t be on point. I like how they implement them compare to other stations. My only wish is if they could bring back prime but I know that is a really slim chance.

I think we're missing one important fact here:

THESE GRAPHICS MAY POSSIBLY START TOMORROW.

KYW isn't just teasing this, they're flat-out just using the new logo in all of their advertising. They're already using the endboards. There's a big new syndie launch tomorrow, everything points towards a 9/16 launch date.

I think we're missing one important fact here:

THESE GRAPHICS MAY POSSIBLY START TOMORROW.

KYW isn't just teasing this, they're flat-out just using the new logo in all of their advertising. They're already using the endboards. There's a big new syndie launch tomorrow, everything points towards a 9/16 launch date.

Nope. I suspect that they are going to launch all at once, and the KCNC set will not be finished until the following week.

On the plus side, KCNC has a new ticker.

If WBBM gold's its "2", then there's your answer. But I hope, that ain't the case. It would look kind of odd to see the KPIX's Group W 5 logo becoming gold.

It looks weird on KYW, I can't imagine KPIX.

It looks weird on KYW, I can't imagine KPIX.

The Big 3 had a gold "3"-- during their "News3" (1994-97) and the revamped "EWN" eras in 1997/98. (Both eras had the 1965-03 Group W "3" logo.) heck, if the other 4 Group W'ers get the GFX, it's worth the upgrade. (Just let WJZ keep Chroma Cues. They had that theme since the We'll See You Through era in '88.)

They sure do. They got a refresh in 2007 but that was 6 years ago and it was the same basic layout as the previous. Whatever KDKA do, you know the graphics are going t be on point. I like how they implement them compare to other stations. My only wish is if they could bring back prime but I know that is a really slim chance.

I really wish they would bring back Prime too. That package is way better than Enforcer.

Looks like CBS 2 pulled the video this morning.

A few other notes that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

- The lower-thirds and ticker look like they're positioned lower than the current graphics. I think this is a good move because the current look seems ridiculously high and takes some extreme same areas into account.

- Is that a new Enforcer there?

- How much will WLNY and other non-CBS stations modify this?

Looks like CBS 2 pulled the video this morning.

A few other notes that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

- The lower-thirds and ticker look like they're positioned lower than the current graphics. I think this is a good move because the current look seems ridiculously high and takes some extreme same areas into account.

- Is that a new Enforcer there?

- How much will WLNY and other non-CBS stations modify this?

Yes, it's been mentioned earlier in the thread that it sounds like a new cut of enforcer. NG 4, perhaps? Also, TvNewscheck posted a link to newscast studio's post on the graphics, which probably prompted WCBS to pull the video. Seems like Michael Hill continues to rip off stuff from TVNT.

Thoughts:

This is a beautiful package and a huge upgrade. In fact, I have one nitpick: the implementation of the Twitter handle in the bug.

They use the old [t] in a light blue box logo. That's outdated, and a simple @ would be a lot clearer at the small size and still be very identifiable as Twitter if not more.

Ugh. Painfully generic, obviously derivative of the far-superior NBC look, and just plain boring. In all honesty, why on Earth didn't they just have all the O&O's adopt WBZ's previous look? That would have been distinctive, at least.

Actually, this package looks better executed than Look F. And we have been seeing the Network using this blue color scheme for quite some time! I am really happy that they have decided to tie the local brands and the network together. When the network and the affiliates don't match, it loses advertising and branding power. This clever tie, will make cohesive media content.

KCNC seems to have quasi-implemented these. There are some "Colorado FLOODS" graphics with the blue-yellow-white scheme set in Gotham.

Ha. I thought so! They will just migrate next week.

Probably because they had months to look at Look F and figure out all of it's problems or things that could be taken and made look even better and then went with it.

That's certainly fine with me!

Archived