The Weather Channel to debut new grpahics

Andrew2016

Th Weather Channel will debut new graphics in November. The new graphics will feature local weather in the bottom of the screen 24/7 and on the right side of the screen during news programs (like ESPN, CNBC and FBN). The Local on the 8s will also have new graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MHjNWMYqbug

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE improvement. I do think a little tinkering coud be done with it, some of the text is a little thin, but I really like what they're going for.

Agree with him, AWESOME! The Weather Channel graphics now are eh. Wonder if they will get a new theme with the new graphics.

Eh. They're a little tad bit plain to me with a whole lot of empty space, and it also gives off a very European vibe, but yes, you're all right, it's a nice package.

What excites me the most is the fact that there's apparently no longer that annoying ass box on the lower right advertising everything.

The Weather Channel is known for it's concepts. This video is likely just a concept and the actual product will change by the time it debuts.

For those of you who are familiar enough with TWC to know about the IntelliStar system, the 2 videos below show the IntelliStar 2 HD beta (on top) and the actual product (on bottom). You can see there is a vast difference.

If they're going to go with something like this, they're really going to have to pressure cable companies to get an Intellistar 2 HD. Comcast and Verizon still don't have one in Pittsburgh. They still only have an Intellistar for the SD feed.

It's mind boggling that The Weather Channel, owned by Comcast, still can't get it's premier headend system installed in most local Comcast markets, nearly 3 years after launch. I think maybe only 3 or 4 Comcast markets have an Intellistar HD running.

To the main point of the post, this really has potential to be a great look if the concept here pans out. Less than a month until launch I'll be interested what if anything changes from this YT video.

It's mind boggling that The Weather Channel, owned by Comcast, still can't get it's premier headend system installed in most local Comcast markets, nearly 3 years after launch. I think maybe only 3 or 4 Comcast markets have an Intellistar HD running.

Actually, it's still a minority stake. They manage it because the majority stake is spread among venture capitalists who don't how to run a television network.

And I think Comcast Cable is run by a bunch of cheap bastards.

Actually, it's still a minority stake. They manage it because the majority stake is spread among venture capitalists who don't how to run a television network.

And I think Comcast Cable is run by a bunch of cheap bastards.

TWC is owned by NBCU, Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.

When were you finally keyed into the fact that Comcast is cheap? I've grown up knowing this!!

Comcast? Cheap?

Huh. Never knew that. Not when their local TV station spent a gajillion dollars on new equipment and talent.

I respect Comcast far more than most people on here because they are a local company and they've done well contributing to this area. Not only that, but Comcast pretty much saved the NBC O&Os from oblivion under General Electric. Yeah, we piss and moan and complain and we have a right to, but Comcast is probably one of the conglomerates that is the least offensive.

(It probably also helps that my cable/internet service is from Verizon Fios.)

Archived