Series 5 & 6 is the pre-New Gen cuts

New Generation 1-3 are all KABC versions

The current cues used by KABC would be New Generation 4

Hope I'm wrong about this.

Close,

Lets just say:

CD1 and 2 is WABC (1990's)

CD3 and 4 is WABC (Current)

CD5 is KABC Updates/Pre-New Generation (unsure about this one)

CD6 is the Toolkit

CD7 is the KTRK Updates

Then:

NG1 is all KABC

NG2 and 3 is no mans land I guess because I haven't heard any cues of it being used, but it was commissioned for KABC to use.

And Next:

NG4 which is KABC

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I really like the new stuff, be it NG4 or otherwise. Unfortunately, the further East you go, I think the package would be decreasingly appropriate. Like the ABC stations, it sounds great on KABC, would be nice on KGO and KFSN as well. KTRK could probably pull it off, but I don't think it would work on the other 3 (WPVI omitted) stations.

That is NG1 (KGO tease), the open I guess is also NG1 because NG2 is in a different direction as shown in my resynch video,

The open is NG2, KGTV started using it in 2008 (they had been using NG1 before the switch). NG1 came out in 2006 I believe. The resynch video cut is also part of NG2

Yeah, I really like the new stuff, be it NG4 or otherwise. Unfortunately, the further East you go, I think the package would be decreasingly appropriate. Like the ABC stations, it sounds great on KABC, would be nice on KGO and KFSN as well. KTRK could probably pull it off, but I don't think it would work on the other 3 (WPVI omitted) stations.

I see what you're saying, I don't think it would be a problem though. It would be a bigger change further east than the Western cities because more of the Western cities have the electric sound that NG4 has, but not crazy. The new enforcer music sounds more electric too. I think NG4 can make its way East without a problem, it will just be a change.

Screw it, I'm going bold with this...

BREAKING FIRST on TVNT: New 'Eyewitness News' logo spotted!

The station's 'Big Board' has received a refresh, showing the first preview of the graphics that will likely be in store for WLS within a few weeks (maybe sooner, I don't know). Here are some items of note...

• The layout of the logo (seen at the bottom of the picture) seems to read as 'ABC 7 Eyewitness News', so that's what I'm going to run with until I hear otherwise.
  • The new live bug (seen at top-left) looks to not be a huge departure from the current bug, and does not really resemble anything seen on the other ABC stations.
  • A possible full-screen (seen at right, next to Alan's face) shows the familiar 'ABC 7' logo on an all-blue circle-7 backdrop, not unlike WABC and even parts of the current Hothaus graphics.
  • No RED is visible, which would seem to debunk the idea of WLS getting an update similar to WABC, though the New York station's new look has yet to be seen in full. However, if what we've been told about WABC's new package is true, then the two stations are not likely to be to look the same.
  • None of this strikes me as being KABC or WTVD's graphics, as well. So, in that regard, I'm beginning to think that WLS' new goods will be an original look.

I'll update things as necessary, and I think we can officially be on 'Eyewitness Newswatch 2013'!

wlseyewitnessnews_zps28061ffb.png

The preview for Monday morning's news is still the old everything.

Well WCBS had the same thing and changed it on Sunday evening when they updated. Not saying it will happen but its possible. If they want to debut on a weekend and before sweeps, it has to be this weekend.

I like it!

It looks like it might be the same company who did the Scripps package? Perhaps Cake Studios? The elements have that soft texture like much of Cakes work:

RenderOn? I don't think so. I bet this is Blue Helio work (G.O. created the WABC package, this looks similar).

Archived