Washington Post Company is changing its name to Graham Holdings Company

CircleSeven

TVNewsCheck reports this morning that The Washington Post Company will change its name to Graham Holdings Company. The name change will go in effect on November 29th. The company will continue to comprise its by its major holdings, broadcast division, Post-Newsweek Stations, cable provider Cable One, Inc., educational institute, Kaplan, Inc., and other related holdings.

I wouldn't mind they changing the outdated PNS name to "Graham Stations". That would've made tons of sense. But they might want to keep that familiar name.

TVNewsCheck reports this morning that The Washington Post Company will change its name to Graham Holdings Company. The name change will go in effect on November 29th. The company will continue to comprise its by its major holdings, broadcast division, Post-Newsweek Stations, cable provider Cable One, Inc., educational institute, Kaplan, Inc., and other related holdings.

I wouldn't mind they changing the outdated PNS name to "Graham Stations". That would've made tons of sense. But they might want to keep that familiar name.

I didn't know they also run Cable One. That makes me think less of them now.

It's not even there anymore. They dumped it last year. Just a generic local copyright now. (ex ©2013 KSAT -- SAN ANTONIO).

If they are doing that for KSAT's copyright notices, then just extend it to all the PNS stations. Boom. Problem solved.

Honestly, Post-Newsweek should have been excised years ago, but obviously Sidney Harman and Tina Brown (Newsweek) and Jeff Bezos (Post) never thought of, or bothered to, put in a clause in their purchases where the Graham family had to phase out the name.

If they are doing that for KSAT's copyright notices, then just extend it to all the PNS stations. Boom. Problem solved.

Honestly, Post-Newsweek should have been excised years ago, but obviously Sidney Harman and Tina Brown (Newsweek) and Jeff Bezos (Post) never thought of, or bothered to, put in a clause in their purchases where the Graham family had to phase out the name.

They did extend it to all the stations, see this topic from December 2012.

• 8 months later...

Bumping this thread because Graham Holdings has FINALLY ditched the "Post-Newsweek Stations" name. They should've done this on the day they changed the name from WaPo Co. to GHC.

TVNewsCheck stated that their broadcast division is now called Graham Media Group.

GMG_LG.png

What's with all the crappy looking logos these days. Reminds me a little bit of General Cinema Theaters:

Archived