Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

It's really a flop considering it was Christmas week but GMA won outright for the week of 12/21/15. http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning-show-ratings-q4-2015-and-week-of-dec-21/280933

There's some better news for Good Morning America, despite it being Christmas week.

I watched nearly the entire broadcast on Monday morning. I have to say, the worst parts have been where Lara seems to take control of the show. Having Josh and Sam there as her buddies really balanced things since they played so well against each in the segments where Lara led things and George/Robin take a backseat.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lara but she's not paired well with George and Robin.

On another note, Amy is doing an incredible job!

I agree regarding Lara. I'm not sure if she just recently became such a turn off or is she always was and we just never noticed when Josh and Sam were on with her. She's the only weak link of the program for me and it's remarkable how much Amy has outshined her so quickly.

I have to say, the worst parts have been where Lara seems to take control of the show. Having Josh and Sam there as her buddies really balanced things since they played so well against each in the segments where Lara led things and George/Robin take a backseat.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lara but she's not paired well with George and Robin.

On another note, Amy is doing an incredible job!

Agreed with all of this.

I usually enjoy Lara (or at least tolerate her) when she does the human interest/fluff stories, but when she fills in for Robin, I'm really turned off. She just can't do hard news (maybe it's the perception of her in general and her work).

She was just really great when with Josh and Sam. Their chemistry (with and without Robin & George) was spectacular and couldn't be broken with a sledgehammer. It was one of the reasons I watched GMA during that era and was a regular fan of their after-show on Yahoo.

On Amy, she's great doing whatever you give her. She already proved herself as news reader, but really shined when she also fills in for Robin (perfect chemistry with) and does just as amazing with lighter stories.

She's the only weak link of the program for me and it's remarkable how much Amy has outshined her so quickly.

I generally like Lara too, and I agree that while she's great with what she does best, Amy is great at it all and should get paired with Robin and George more than her.

• Like 1

I know it could never happen but Sam Champion needs to be back on this show. He immediately brings life back to the show with his presence, I love Ginger and she should stay put but maybe they find something else for Lara Spencer to do and have Sam take over the lifestyle anchor position.

• 3 weeks later...
Robin and George are in Iowa anchoring together this morning. That's new. Normally George reports on location for political events while Robin stays in Times Square.

GMA needs to be on the top of their game. They don't have lee-way with Today on their way up the ratings ladder.

Yeah, outside of those who are still pissed over George's Clinton Foundation contributions/political history, I've not once heard anyone say George is the one dragging the show down. If anything, he keeps the insanity in-check.

Yeah, outside of those who are still pissed over George's Clinton Foundation contributions/political history, I've not once heard anyone say George is the one dragging the show down. If anything, he keeps the insanity in-check.

I agree with this, he gives the show the kind of gravitas that it desperately needs with their tabloid direction regardless of what you think of the Clinton Foundation stuff. However, I don't think that Lara is necessarily the problem either because don't forget, bringing her back to the show in 2011 did play a role in the show's ratings rise as well as bringing on Josh Elliott to do the news and doing the whole everybody at the table thing. I know it's always easier to fire somebody or to move the chairs around but I'm not sold that changing out anybody will make the key difference needed.

To be fair I have only heard 2 or 3 people say they should get rid of George. But other then that I have never heard many complains about him. Someone on TVNewser said they should bring Josh back to GMA and have him replace George. but that not happening.

But majority of people say Lara the problem. The few times I have watch GMA over last few years dhe did get on my nerves a bit and I can see where people coming from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much longer Robin will stick around at GMA? and who would be her replacement? I think she has another year or left. I could see her maybe leaving at the end of her contract but would not be surprise if she renewed her Contract. Prior to her MDS diagnostic she may have left in 2013 or 2017 however after her MDS battle I think that changed and could see her being there for several more years (at least 2020) .

I could see Amy replacing Robin when ever she leave eventually and I think they are grooming Amy for Anchor Chair. That would be my top pick. I know some are so arid they will choose Lara but at the end of the day I tihnk they would choose Amy over Lara when it comes down to it especially when it would be permanent.

I wonder how much longer Robin will stick around at GMA? and who would be her replacement? I think she has another year or left. I could see her maybe leaving at the end of her contract but would not be surprise if she renewed her Contract. Prior to her MDS diagnostic she may have left in 2013 or 2017 however after her MDS battle I think that changed and could see her being there for several more years (at least 2020) .

I could see Amy replacing Robin when ever she leave eventually and I think they are grooming Amy for Anchor Chair. That would be my top pick. I know some are so arid they will choose Lara but at the end of the day I tihnk they would choose Amy over Lara when it comes down to it especially when it would be permanent.

Stop. Please. There hasn't been a rumor or peep of her exiting the show. Just because she's been on the show for more than a decade doesn't automatically mean that she wants to leave or the bosses want her out.

• Like 4

Can we not do this, please?

Robin is the most beloved on the main team, and it never crossed anyone's mind on the staff and this forum on whether or not she would leave.

No one wants to say anything here until the time she makes it official.

• Like 1

And Sam Champion is back on Monday for the week.

Anyone know why Sam hasn't been on WNT all week. Also why Sam AND Rob were on GMA this morning? I thought Sam was filling in for everyone. Looks to me that ABC/GMA doesn't trust Sam anymore. I hope I'm wrong!

• Like 3