Al Roker Leaving Today Show?

jmkcool2002

In regards to having Sam Champion join Today, it's not going to happen.

1. His role on TWC is more than just an on-air position. He's going to be like the Program Director of Communication and Development...or some crap title like that.
  2. He took the new job in Atlanta so he could leave New York and be closer to his and his husband's home in Miami.

Period.

Unwatchable to you though, not the majority of people that watch the morning news on the major networks. Just trying to make the point that the fluff doesn't seem to be the problem for Today because it works for GMA. So maybe it is the personalities.

Just to respond to this. While both shows include "fluff," not all "fluff" is the same. Just because it is fluff does not mean that viewers find it interesting. Today could very well be having this problem too. Just because its fluff doesn't mean the content is the same. The Today Show very much so, has a content problem.

Matt should be a little more considerate of his employer and the loyal viewers and leave the show. Savannah should go as well because she's completely out of place on the show. Whoever put this team together has ZERO vision. Matt and Meredtih worked, Katie and Matt worked. In my opinion the addition of Savannah to the show is just as out of place as people claimed Ann's appointing was.

I agree, I think Matt should go, (he won't). I entirely disagree when it comes to Savannah. I think Savannah is the saving grace of the Today Show and personally, I think she is the only reason I have a tiny glimmer of hope for the program (microscopic).

In regards to having Sam Champion join Today, it's not going to happen.

1. His role on TWC is more than just an on-air position. He's going to be like the Program Director of Communication and Development...or some crap title like that.
  2. He took the new job in Atlanta so he could leave New York and be closer to his and his home in Miami.

Period.

✓. And to add to this, he made the "difficult" (his words) decision to leave GMA for TWC. He wouldn't make the difficult decision to go to the freaken Today Show. He had something close with Robin, Josh, George and Lara and wouldn't give that up for the Today Show which is in second place.

Just to respond to this. While both shows include "fluff," not all "fluff" is the same. Just because it is fluff does not mean that viewers find it interesting. Today could very well be having this problem too. Just because its fluff doesn't mean the content is the same. The Today Show very much so, has a content problem.

I agree, I think Matt should go, (he won't). I entirely disagree when it comes to Savannah. I think Savannah is the saving grace of the Today Show and personally, I think she is the only reason I have a tiny glimmer of hope for the program (microscopic).

✓. And to add to this, he made the "difficult" (his words) decision to leave GMA for TWC. He wouldn't make the difficult decision to go to the freaken Today Show. He had something close with Robin, Josh, George and Lara and wouldn't give that up for the Today Show which is in second place.

Agree with you on both Matt and Savannah. Also agree that Sam's role at the TWC is much more involved.

But what is the difference between Atlanta and NY when traveling to Miami. They both likely require a plane. The "difficult" decision wasn't that difficult, it is probably just a front. He went were the money was, and it didn't take him that long to appear on his former "family's" main competitor show. He had something good at GMA, but I wouldn't use the word close.

But what is the difference between Atlanta and NY when traveling to Miami.

About 2 hours of flight.

The "difficult" decision wasn't that difficult, it is probably just a front.

He had something good at GMA, but I wouldn't use the word close.

Ummm, sorry but both of these comments are entirely false. Have you not seen Sam's twitter? Josh would practically live at Sam's house... The GMA family, is just that, a close family... Considering Josh and Sam cried (call it fake tears if you want but sorry, it wasn't) on his last newscast, it shows how close they are.

and it didn't take him that long to appear on his former "family's" main competitor show.

Do you think it was his choice? NBC/Universal probably said, "you're headed to NY to talk about your show and you joining TWC on The Today Show." Did you expect them to send him to GMA?

About 2 hours of flight.

Ummm, sorry but both of these comments are entirely false. Have you not seen Sam's twitter? Josh would practically live at Sam's house... The GMA family, is just that, a close family... Considering Josh and Sam cried (call it fake tears if you want but sorry, it wasn't) on his last newscast, it shows how close they are.

Do you think it was his choice? NBC/Universal probably said, "you're headed to NY to talk about your show and you joining TWC on The Today Show." Did you expect them to send him to GMA?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. He's been known to act diva-esque and have a hissy fit if he doesn't get his way. I still maintain the big factors for him leaving were money and the fact he'll get to be the "star" of his new show. Had ABC offered him more money and his own show like he was asking for, I think he likely would've stayed. While I get that him and Josh became close, I don't buy the tears as real. It's all a show for the audience!!

Agree with you on both Matt and Savannah. Also agree that Sam's role at the TWC is much more involved.

But what is the difference between Atlanta and NY when traveling to Miami. They both likely require a plane. The "difficult" decision wasn't that difficult, it is probably just a front. He went were the money was, and it didn't take him that long to appear on his former "family's" main competitor show. He had something good at GMA, but I wouldn't use the word close.

You think Sam's relationship with the rest of the cast on GMA was a front? Yeah that explains why they spent almost every day together having dinner, seeing movies etc. Sam is a diva but his relationships with the cast was sincere and it is obvious to viewers. Making a career move for money does not necessarily mean that you don't care for you family/friends.

Archived