Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

Scripps "Don't Waste Your Money" franchise received its own money colored graphics earlier this year but it hasn't been shared here yet so...

[ATTACH=full]3258[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]3257[/ATTACH]

Additionally WXYZ has standardized on Facebook pages underneath their talent names... Previously it was a mix of email, Facebook and Twitter with no rhyme or reason...

Any word how much money they spent on this?

Looks like Scripps tweaked their station's websites. The top banner has been reduced in size along with the station logo. The navigation sections have been streamlined to one area. Less color to the site as well- mostly white and gray.

Although they never went through with changing their voiceovers in March from Rich Van Slyke to Brian Lee and stopped using Lee after 2 weeks of feature promos he's back doing work for WXYZ... He's done 2 morning show back to school promos and a feature promo. It's very much an improvement and hopefully they go through with the change sometime soon. They have also upped their use of "Channel 7" in promos and stories and the "Action News" sans the 7. Maybe a rebrand and return to "Channel 7 Action News" is coming? They have nearly stopped making new promos the last couple months which leads me to believe something is up because they had been promoting like crazy...

They have also upped their use of "Channel 7" in promos and stories and the "Action News" sans the 7. Maybe a rebrand and return to "Channel 7 Action News" is coming? They have nearly stopped making new promos the last couple months which leads me to believe something is up because they had been promoting like crazy...

What's wrong with adopting the "7ABC" brand? (WKBW alternates between "7ABC" and "7EWN" as their brands.)

We both know that they wouldn't do something mind-numbingly stupid like "Detroit 7." o_O

What's wrong with adopting the "7ABC" brand? (WKBW alternates between "7ABC" and "7EWN" as their brands.)

We both know that they wouldn't do something mind-numbingly stupid like "Detroit 7." o_O

The viewers here identify ABC as a part of what Channel 7 is. It's always been station then network not the other way around.

It was put in the copy as "7's Action News" for a long time when Bill Bonds was here. They've used just 7 for a 35+ years in promos and its alternated with Channel 7 here and there. Never has ABC been a consideration in the brand even though for all intents and purposes it's 100% an O&O still...

• Like 2

there is a rebrand coming for at least one scripps station... but 'XYZ isn't it...

if and when it does happen, this site is gonna lose its mind... i can pretty much guarantee it...

no hints. i already said too much!!

You didn't really say much of anything... They have 30 or so stations.. A rebrand could be for anything... Even a state would have said something...

• Like 1

My guesses:

WTMJ... dropping the TMJ4 branding

KGTV...Because they're always making stupid decisions

KTNV...Seems like it would be time for a rebrand.

• Like 1

I hope he dosen't say Ohio. We already know that WCPO is doing ok, so...

Any bets on ABC5 News?!?

Eyewitness News?

Fine with me. WEWS has been "NewsChannel 5" since 1990 and I STILL want to refer to them as "TV5 Eyewitness News."

I just hope it's not WTVF, and it's one of the stations that's hasn't standardized yet.

Not standardized where specifically? They already have the Scripps graphics package...

I wouldn't be surprised if WTMJ drops the "Today's" branding. KIVI did a couple of weeks ago and installed a virtual news set. With the changes Janet has making WTMJ news into a hard news format, hopefully Scripps doesn't make them use "Action News", "On Your Side" or "Works For You".

• Like 1

Not standardized where specifically? They already have the Scripps graphics package...

Let me try to clarify. I meant the other Scripps stations that have yet to standardized. I knew WTVF have the Scripps graphics, but hope it didn't affect them.

I've since reworded my message above.

I just hope it's not WTVF. And I hope it's one of the stations that's hasn't standardized yet.
  • Like 1

there is a rebrand coming for at least one scripps station... but 'XYZ isn't it...

if and when it does happen, this site is gonna lose its mind... i can pretty much guarantee it...

no hints. i already said too much!!

Could be WKBW...the Eyewitness News brand has a lot of name equity up there.

Or how about a group wide re-branding of their stations to:

Scripps [insert Channel Number Here] News...

Scripps 10 News

Scripps 15 News

Scripps 7 Action News

Sounds stupid, but something like this wouldn't surprise me coming from Scripps.

Or how about a group wide re-branding of their stations to:

Scripps [insert Channel Number Here] News...

Scripps 10 News

Scripps 15 News

Scripps 7 Action News

Sounds stupid, but something like this wouldn't surprise me coming from Scripps.

Knowing Scripps, it'd likely end up being "Facebook 10 News, 7 Action Twitter, Today's Snapchat 4"

• Like 5