David Gregory out, Chuck Todd in at Meet The Press

Jess

From what I understand, it's not an abrupt cutoff. They end the first half hour so that it would appears as a close for those stations that cut off, but also appears as a break for those that continue. I'm surprised CBS hasn't pushed for more stations to carry the full hour, and I'm also surprised that more stations haven't picked it up with the ratings boost. I think only about 60% of affiliates carry the second half.

the show's official ending was always credits and sure Schieffer says "some of you might leave us" etc, but its abrupt and its half version of the current rendition if FTN. I know Sundays has an odd schedule during the football season and West Coast schedules are really wacky during that time too. No excuse its 2014 - no 'mo preemptions!

No excuse its 2014 - no 'mo preemptions!

Tell that to the local stations that already have contracts with syndicated programming, sold out religious or infomercial space, or long standing local programming to air. It's only been 2 years since CBS expanded it to an hour. Give it a few more years and the remaining 36% of the stations will find room as programming and affiliate contracts are renegotiated.

According to the New York Post, David Gregory was paid $4,000,000 to leave NBC and not speak out against the network.

http://pagesix.com/2014/08/16/david-gregory-was-paid-4m-to-leave-nbc/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

wait till he gets drunk and starts telling Page Six how badly he was treated by NBC down the road. I wouldn't be surprised we haven't seen the worse of the trainwreck.

• 4 weeks later...

So, this weeks Press Pass was done from a different studio (extremely ghetto and small studio), so I wonder if they are doing changes to the set like Todd has mentioned. I'm interested to see what it actually looks like once updated. I think Todd has great vision for the show, looking forward to the future in general.

So, this weeks Press Pass was done from a different studio (extremely ghetto and small studio), so I wonder if they are doing changes to the set like Todd has mentioned. I'm interested to see what it actually looks like once updated. I think Todd has great vision for the show, looking forward to the future in general.

That studio is one of their news nooks at their West Capital Hill Studios. Normally it is used as a flash cam where the only persons shoulders and window of the background are visible. I actually think this may have been used before MSNBC their studio moved back to WRC and used for Hardball. Last Wednesday Chris Matthews did Hardball from that studio interviewing Bill Maher before tossing over to coverage in the next room over to Rachel Maddow and the rest of the MSNBC hosts using the studio that NBC News and Telemundo use for the inaugurations and State of The Union coverage.

But I have no idea why Meet the Press' Press Pass segment didn't originate from the bigger, more contemporary corner studio.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The don't show Face The Nation full hour all the time.

Yeah isn't it only like 60% of the country that airs the full hour in one sitting? Rating only the first half hour can only help in the ratings, as well as having a pretty good lead-in.

Yeah isn't it only like 60% of the country that airs the full hour in one sitting? Rating only the first half hour can only help in the ratings, as well as having a pretty good lead-in.

They don't benefit from constant replays, what helps is CBS Sunday Morning.

They don't benefit from constant replays, what helps is CBS Sunday Morning.

They do benefit from only having the first half hour rated. And regarding the replays of MTP of MSNBC, which have gone on since at least the David Gregory era, the ratings at TV Newser only counts the ratings for the first Sunday broadcast and then notes how much additional broadcasts add on to that number (doing the same, of course, for Fox News Sunday).

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/sunday-show-ratings-december-13/279989

Archived