The 69 News/WFMZ Thread

Mrknowitall526

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 7:58 PM, AdamStabelli1 said:

So Rob Vaughn came back yesterday. But wasn't on with Wendy Davis at 10:00. So I guess he's still got some recovering to do.

Yes, he said last week he was only going to do the early shows for the time being.

• 1 month later...

This got me thinking... in how many other TV markets has there been the same anchor for literally decades?  And Philadelphia had TWO of them... first Jim Gardner and now Rob.  Is it common?

Not to mention how many stations have a Father-Son team in place to carry on.  Did anyone else find it weird that station owner Dick Dean did take time from his usual commentary to acknowledge  Rob;s retirement announcement.  Maybe he will record something for the July retirement special instead?

OOPS - can't get edit feature to work - meant to say that Dick Dean did NOT mention it.

3 hours ago, LVForward said:

Not to mention how many stations have a Father-Son team in place to carry on.  Did anyone else find it weird that station owner Dick Dean did take time from his usual commentary to acknowledge  Rob;s retirement announcement.  Maybe he will record something for the July retirement special instead?

OOPS - can't get edit feature to work - meant to say that Dick Dean did NOT mention it.

I thought that was odd also.  I have to wonder though if those things are recorded a whole bunch at once