World News Now

mountainave

Couldn't find a general topic for the show, so here one is. It looks like TJ Holmes (formerly of CNN) has surfaced on the show. He anchored with Reena this morning. Is he now with ABC or just freelancing? Also, where does that leave Tahman Bradley?

Forgive me. I don't watch the show regularly.

Couldn't find a general topic for the show, so here one is. It looks like TJ Holmes (formerly of CNN) has surfaced on the show. He anchored with Reena this morning. Is he now with ABC or just freelancing? Also, where does that leave Tahman Bradley?

Forgive me. I don't want the show regularly.

I do. They seemed to have settled on Reena Ninan as the female but they can't decide on a male. I've seen Matt Gutman, Devin Dryer, Tahman Bradley, Dan Kloeffler and now TJ Holmes as anchors. For females I've seen Michelle Franzen, Linzie Janus and Brandi Hitt, with Ninan being the one seen most often. Out of those Brandi Hitt was the best anchor with the right balance of personality and seriousness, and out of the males I like TJ Holmes the best and Dan Kloeffler isn't bad either. Tahman Bradley was the worst and the other two don't have the right personality for this show.

She's a great journalist. I loved her reporting style even way back in her FOX News Channel years.

Great journalist, stale anchor.

Forgive me. I don't want the show regularly.

I saw T.J. as well and thought I also saw him on MSNBC as well too. I'm wondering where T.J. headed to next?

I stopped watching WNN because I can't stand watching Reena. Sure, she's pretty, but she can't read a monitor to save her life. Her attempts at being funny always fall flat. She is way too uptight for WNN.

• 6 months later...

I stopped watching WNN because I can't stand watching Reena. Sure, she's pretty, but she can't read a monitor to save her life. Her attempts at being funny always fall flat. She is way too uptight for WNN.

Well, thank goodness you stopped while you did (and that this is a perfect segue):

because it's official--Reena Ninan has been named co-anchor of World News Now (along with America This Morning). She will co-anchor with TJ Holmes. I'm not a big fan of hers, but I love TJ Holmes, so I will watch for him. Congratulations to her, and I hope this pairing will work well into the future.

Here's word from Deadline: http://deadline.com/2015/04/reena-ninan-named-co-anchor-abc-news-america-this-morning-and-world-news-now-1201406386/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What a treat to switch on WNN last week and find Richard Bacon at the anchor desk. I was a massive fan of his BBC Radio 5 Live radio show/podcast. Does anyone have any info on his new role at ABC? I suspect that he's merely filling in on WNN, but it would be great to have someone with personality and news skill on the broadcast again... the show has been sorely lacking any zip since Rob Nelson moved to NYC locally.

• 1 month later...

ABC has redesigned their marketing/promotional site, updating logos, cast photos, etc, and in the process confirmed that T.J. Holmes is no longer co-anchor. Reena Ninan is listed as the pnly anchor, but is shown with interim anchor Kendis Gibson in the beauty shot.

http://abcallaccess.com/abc_show/america-this-morning/?subpage=main

ABC has redesigned their marketing/promotional site, updating logos, cast photos, etc, and in the process confirmed that T.J. Holmes is no longer co-anchor. Reena Ninan is listed as the pnly anchor, but is shown with interim anchor Kendis Gibson in the beauty shot.

http://abcallaccess.com/abc_show/america-this-morning/?subpage=main

I am curious...ABC All Access makes absolutely no reference to World News Now...insomniac's favorite news broadcast...WHY?

I am curious...ABC All Access makes absolutely no reference to World News Now...insomniac's favorite news broadcast...WHY?

They never do. Neither does the ABC News site. It's just rolled in with ATM or not mentioned at all. I think the fact that not all stations carry WNN might also play a factor.

• 1 month later...
TVNewser stated this morning that former WCBS weekend morning anchor Diane Macedo will become the new anchor of World News Now & America This Morning.

Current anchor Reena Ninan will go back to her reporting duties.

An interesting move, indeed.

I have to say, though, that I miss the days when WNN felt like an edgy, outlaw broadcast that allowed intriguing anchor talent to explore their skills. Now, it just feels like purgatory for newbies waiting for a GMA spot to open up. I didn't experience the grand era of Aaron Brown or Anderson Cooper, but I do have fond memories of Ryan Owens' unapologetic smirk, Jeremy Hubbard's weirdly extreme weight loss, and even Rob Nelson's sass. During those days, I'd DVR broadcasts that I missed, in order to hear their take on the news. I had high hopes during the very brief stint of Richard Bacon. But's clear that there's little investment in maintaining little more than a bland, forgettable broadcast.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if they have, but America This Morning is switching to a variation of the GMA package, too. I have yet to see the full extent of the WNN look, but it seems like they're following the same formula as packages past; WNN using something loosely inspired by WNT, and ATM and GMA, as I mentioned.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154831164365278

Based on these videos, the WNN look changes through the broadcast, and the lower thirds follow the GMA layout, as well, which clashes horribly with the updated "ABCNews.com" bug.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of WNN, what has happened to Ryan Owens? I know that he moved to Dallas to report for the network, but he has been off the air for a while. And that's after he put on an unusual amount of weight after his move. Made me wonder if he was having a severe health issue. I hope he's well.

Archived