Natalie Morales Rumored to be Poised for Exit from Today

mountainave

You could always sense that Natalie had tension with Tamron ever since she was added as the co-host to the 3rd hour. I just always thought that they should have just let Natalie go and the "power struggle" wouldn't have been this intense. I guess this is karma for how everybody treated Ann and it serves them right. The news is a cut throat business but there should be some kind respect. Every show run its course at the top so just wait it out. The truth of the matter is, Today isn't going to be number one until Matt is gone but I guess NBC doesn't want to admit their mistake.

I am actually not at all surprised. And I also think this is a terrible move for Today. Tamron would be a terrible replacement to Natalie.

I hope Natalie goes to ABC. If she goes to do a talk show or goes online or something, she is going to turn into Josh Elliot or Sam Champion. They left for much smaller roles and now people have moved on. Natalie could actually be a great add for ABC if they put her on Weekend World News Tonight.

I warn NBC now though, if they let these rumors continue, it will be just like Ann Curry. Those rumored were going around for a good month and then the whole situation went down. NBC needs to either stop these rumors immediately if they are not true, or get Natalie out ASAP if they are true.

Natalie on Nightly News:

I am actually not at all surprised. And I also think this is a terrible move for Today. Tamron would be a terrible replacement to Natalie.

I hope Natalie goes to ABC. If she goes to do a talk show or goes online or something, she is going to turn into Josh Elliot or Sam Champion. They left for much smaller roles and now people have moved on. Natalie could actually be a great add for ABC if they put her on Weekend World News Tonight.

I warn NBC now though, if they let these rumors continue, it will be just like Ann Curry. Those rumored were going around for a good month and then the whole situation went down. NBC needs to either stop these rumors immediately if they are not true, or get Natalie out ASAP if they are true.

Natalie on Nightly News:

I like Natalie much better on Nightly News. I feel like she doesn't show the personality for morning tv but she seems really good a solo anchoring Nightly News.

I think the Today Show has tried to compensate for the Ann Curry situation by adding more people to the show which has obviously lead to speculation of replacements and resentment between the anchors.

I hope where ever Natalie ends up they treat her nice and put her in an evening spot. It seems her talents are sadly being wasted as the news anchor of Today.

I like Natalie much better on Nightly News. I feel like she doesn't show the personality for morning tv but she seems really good a solo anchoring Nightly News.

I think the Today Show has tried to compensate for the Ann Curry situation by adding more people to the show which has obviously lead to speculation of replacements and resentment between the anchors.

I hope where ever Natalie ends up they treat her nice and put her in an evening spot. It seems her talents are sadly being wasted as the news anchor of Today.

If the rumors do become true, I would say she'll end up with either CBS News or CNN.

However, I would like to see her go to CBS as one of the correspondents for 60 Minutes, and maybe from there she could replace Lara Logan, who I can't even stand.

You know, I didn't even pick up on this but did anyone else notice that Tamron Hall was a part of NBC's midterm election night coverage last week and not Natalie...Maybe that was a tipping point for Natalie. I was thinking it was kind of strange that they would have Tamron on NBC and not msnbc since that's where her show airs.

I saw in an article (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Natalie-Morales-Leaving-Today-Feud-1089033.aspx?rss=breakingnews) that there was resentment between the two because Tamorn was getting a promotion. Im wondering to what. They would never replace Natalie as news anchor after the Ann Curry debacle so what could this promotion be?

You know, I didn't even pick up on this but did anyone else notice that Tamron Hall was a part of NBC's midterm election night coverage last week and not Natalie...Maybe that was a tipping point for Natalie. I was thinking it was kind of strange that they would have Tamron on NBC and not msnbc since that's where her show airs.

She was actually on both networks that night.

She was actually on both networks that night.

Tamron was also part of the 2012 election coverage on both networks as well. She did the same thing both years basically talk about exit polling and viewer reaction on social media - the only difference is she was inside this year and not out on the rink.

So I doubt anything changed.

Hard to tell what's credible reporting and what's not, but Page Six is reporting Horowitz proposed anchor switch-ups which upset a number of anchors. The anchors turned to Matt Lauer, who complained on their behalf to Turness. She, in turn, sided with them and fired Horowitz.

http://pagesix.com/2014/11/19/did-matt-lauer-save-natalie-morales-and-willie-geists-jobs/

Archived