Are all NBC O&Os using their weekday teams tonight?

Spring Rubber

After the SNL 40th anniversary special tonight, WMAQ is using their entire weekday team on the late news. This is kind of reminiscent of several years ago when NBC first got the Sunday Night Football rights. They'd always have the "weekday" news team work Sunday-Thursday during football season.

Are all of the NBC O&Os using their weekday news teams tonight? Are any affiliates doing it, as well?

After the SNL 40th anniversary special tonight, WMAQ is using their entire weekday team on the late news. This is kind of reminiscent of several years ago when NBC first got the Sunday Night Football rights. They'd always have the "weekday" news team work Sunday-Thursday during football season.

Are all of the NBC O&Os using their weekday news teams tonight? Are any affiliates doing it, as well?

WNBC & KNBC had their regular weekend teams. Also NBC affiliate KING in Seattle had it's normal weekend team as well.

WTVJ still had their weekend team on with Keith Jones and Adam Berg.

WDSU isn't an O&O but they just have the anchor they normally have anchoring on the weekends.

I did happen to catch a stream of KSDK and they have their weeknight crew tonight, but I figured that had more to do with the winter storm heading their way moreso than the SNL special.

WVIT had an unusual combo tonight: their weekday 5 and 5:30pm female anchor, and weekday 6 and 11 male anchor.

Also sligthtly related: a glitch in the hubbing resulted in a portion of a WTVJ morning news promo airing on WVIT during dead air around 10:30pm.

This isn't that unusual, especially during sweeps. Friday and Saturday nights are generally not good for ratings, but Sundays are. Take the "A" team off on Friday (Or don't, and just give them Saturday off) and put them on Sunday, so the same people are on when the most eyes are watching.

Sunday-Thursday is also a fairly common schedule for late news producers, for the same reason.

I couldn't stay awake for news, but KSHB's weekend meteorologist was in the topical promos, so I assume the normal weekend team was there. It looks like a missed opportunity to promote the A-team, since SNL40 rated a 16.5 in our market to win the night.

I couldn't stay awake for news, but KSHB's weekend meteorologist was in the topical promos, so I assume the normal weekend team was there. It looks like a missed opportunity to promote the A-team, since SNL40 rated a 16.5 in our market to win the night.

Who would they have chosen as the A-team anchor, Dubill? If you're going to promote Dubill, you might as well have Thompson anchoring with her to promote her as well.

WMAQ's Rob Stafford, who anchored the Sunday night newscast, actually was returning from vacation the week prior, and now he was off again last night. It's not clear to me if he actually interrupted a two-week vacation just to anchor the Sunday night newscast, or if he was simply taking last night off as compensation for Sunday, and he'll be back tonight. I guess we'll find out tonight. That would be pretty bizarre if WMAQ did pull him out of a two-week vacation just to appear on that single newscast.

Archived