Keith Olbermann suspended from ESPN after Twitter back-and-forth

mountainave

He's a commentator, he should be able to have and express opinions... but I'd hope they would be something more than calling an entire school or it's students "pitiful" for no clear reason. That's not being a commentator, that's a grade school level insult, and I have no problem with him being sat down for being straight up dumb.

He's a commentator, he should be able to have and express opinions... but I'd hope they would be something more than calling an entire school or it's students "pitiful" for no clear reason. That's not being a commentator, that's a grade school level insult, and I have no problem with him being sat down for being straight up dumb.

And if you look at what he became at least as far back as MSNBC... This is him.

And if you look at what he became at least as far back as MSNBC... This is him.

I don't know. I actually think his on-air commentary since he's come back to ESPN is quite good. This Twitter exchange is far below him.

This guy is a loser. The problem is that he thinks his commentary is fact and anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. Too bad, because he used to be awesome at the beginning of his original ESPN career. What a waste of a career. At this point I wish he would just go away and never come back.

I know he's an asshole but because I'm a liberal I liked his tenure at msnbc and was willing to overlook the fact. I wouldn't want to work for him or have him as an employee. He's burned too many bridges and quite frankly should have enough money where he can take an early retirement.

This is pretty tame compared to Olbermann's history, and ESPN is completely aloof if they didn't anticipate a potential problem when they brought him back. I will admit, though, that I'm in the club that couldn't stand him on MSNBC, but has really enjoyed and appreciated his commentary and ideas on the four-letter network.

Archived