First Alert Weather Days

scranton

Could they sound any more gimmicky? I mean, I get the fact that they call their weather segment "First Alert Weather," but to declare days after yourselves? I must be getting old and crotchety, but this just seems stupid.

Argue.

Could they sound any more gimmicky? I mean, I get the fact that they call their weather segment "First Alert Weather," but to declare days after yourselves? I must be getting old and crotchety, but this just seems stupid.

Argue.

Not gonna argue... WXYZ in Detroit is doing it now too...

Knock on wood, WLS hasn't make any such declarations in the year or so of using the 'First Alert' branding, and Lord knows there have been plenty of opportunities to do so. Maybe we'll be spared.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, March 20, was another First Alert Weather Day. They even started the morning newscasts with BREAKING NEWS, for a 1-3 inch predicted snowfall, lol.

I ended up with about 7" here in northwestern Lehigh County! But still not "breaking news" !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived