New Graphics for KTRK

TheRomeoShow

I think it's another package done by Hothaus, & it looks really good.

I see similarities to WLS' package in font, 3D elements, and shading.

Many would claim 'Blue Helio', but It's an undetermined for now. I could see it being similar to the others that 'Blue Helio' was named in.

*checks if pigs are flying*

Finally this station has new graphics. I'm having doubts it's made by Hothaus but I gotta see more of 'em because the lower third looks more ABC Creative Department compared to Hothaus.

Good to see that they've retained the 'Eyewitness News' theme. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes them the first ABC O&O to have graphics specifically designed for our widescreen viewing pleasure. Overall it seems like a good look, very clean lower thirds, but I have yet to see an open...

684697_1280x720.jpg

They're still doing talent bumpers...I guess. It's looks good, but it's stupid how damn rushed it all is, a trend that was already taking hold during the latter years of the last package.

[yt]HdSf3ZiBL9s[/yt]

It's interesting seeing that even though standardization is becoming the norm, the ABC O&Os have been given liberty to use their own visual identity. You can argue sonic identity as well (i.e. KGO using Signature before the EWN theme; KFSN using News One for years, then switching to a custom package a few months back; WLS, etc.).

With KTRK's revamp, does that leave WPVI (Dec. 2010) or KFSN with the oldest package in the group? I only bring up ABC30 because I don't recall when they dumped KABC's first HD look for their evolutionary update.

[yt]PF2SYNwOa7g[/yt]

Do you neccesarily need the weather and sports guys in the bumper?

No, certainly not. My gripe is just that the talent opens are so fast that there's no point in even having them. I get that people have short attention spans, but goodness, they could have stretched them another 2 seconds so the VO wouldn't spill into the headline bed.

Archived