New Graphics for KTRK

TheRomeoShow

If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all, but here are some of the other opens...

'Live at Five':

6:30PM:

'Eyewitness News Tonight':

What's with doing the open straight and using talent rejoins later? Some of the audience is already gone by that 2nd block...

That's how they've done for as long as I can remember which is like the late 90's.

WLS did the same thing with it's 2013 package and I really don't understand the logic there. It's like they made them more out of habit than necessity or functionality...

I think the VO guy is the guy who does KCAL and Inside Edition. Steve Kamer, is that the name? It might be spelled differently.

Sí, señor. He's the VO guy at KNXV as well. I'm surprised why they didn't go with Charlie Van Dyke. Guess too many people would say if they heard CVD on KTRK: "

" (Then again, Bill Ratner started doing work for WLS just months after doing work for WBBM, so I guess it would work)

This is nice. KTRK has been way overdue for new graphics.

With KTRK's revamp, does that leave WPVI (Dec. 2010) or KFSN with the oldest package in the group? I only bring up ABC30 because I don't recall when they dumped KABC's first HD look for their evolutionary update.

KFSN's graphics are from 2011 when they switched from Ed O'Brien to Charlie Van Dyke, but their opens and weather graphics was refreshed in October 2014.

From old to new:

WPVI: 2010

KFSN: 2011 (Lower thirds & OTS)/2014 (Opens & weather)

KABC/KGO: 2012 (Same graphics)

WABC/WLS/WTVD: 2013

KTRK: 2015

KFSN's graphics are from 2011 when they switched from Ed O'Brien to Charlie Van Dyke, but their opens and weather graphics was refreshed in October 2014.

From old to new:

WPVI: 2010

KFSN: 2011 (Lower thirds & OTS)/2014 (Opens & weather)

KABC/KGO: 2012 (Same graphics)

WABC/WLS/WTVD: 2013

KTRK: 2015

WABC's are from August of 2011. The opens were updated in 2013.

Sí, señor. He's the VO guy at KNXV as well. I'm surprised why they didn't go with Charlie Van Dyke. Guess too many people would say if they heard CVD on KTRK: "

" (Then again, Bill Ratner started doing work for WLS just months after doing work for WBBM, so I guess it would work)

This is nice. KTRK has been way overdue for new graphics.

KCTV and KDKA use him as well.

I was surprised at the choice for VO as well but it still seems to work.

Archived