It's Official Lester Holt to NN - Brian Williams to MSNBC

rkolsen

Pay them no attention you didn't do anything wrong. They are the same few people who get upset if you do something they don't like but mean while it's nothing for them to bump old threads etc.

He's bumped like 3 or 4 old threads to make meaningless comments. It's annoying. It seems like he's a grade schooler who has some time off and nothing better to do. He may do as he wishes, but that won't stop me from calling it as I see it.

Jose, you should know better as you've been around here longer.

Nonetheless, I swear I'm getting closer to giving up checking into TVNewsTalk on a regular basis, mainly because of this BS and other posters who make senseless comments.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, we need to take a deep breath here. I understand the frustration. But in Robin Red's defense, if he's new, I doubt the first thing he's doing is reading the rules of the forum. He's probably just ready to jump right in and contribute. I originally joined this forum around its inception many years ago, and I had never read the rules until they were posted above.

Also (and more importantly to me) if we don't want folks to dredge up old topics, then why not automatically lock them after a certain period of inactivity? Robin Red resurrected these old threads because he felt he had something to contribute. Who are we to belittle his contribution and deem them meaningless?

Sorry for the rant, but the poster doesn't seem to have poor intentions, and I think the veterans here are overreacting a bit... Feel free to lock the thread if you must.

Ok, we need to take a deep breath here. I understand the frustration. But in Robin Red's defense, if he's new, I doubt the first thing he's doing is reading the rules of the forum. He's probably just ready to jump right in and contribute. I originally joined this forum around its inception many years ago, and I had never read the rules until they were posted above.

Also (and more importantly to me) if we don't want folks to dredge up old topics, then why not automatically lock them after a certain period of inactivity? Robin Red resurrected these old threads because he felt he had something to contribute. Who are we to belittle his contribution and deem them meaningless?

Sorry for the rant, but the poster doesn't seem to have poor intentions, and I think the veterans here are overreacting a bit... Feel free to lock the thread if you must.

No overreaction. He bumped quite a few threads with meaningless comments. Ignorance of rules doesn't justify one's behavior, just like ignorance of the law isn't a legal defense to a committed crime. Some of it is common sense. When the rules were brought to his attention, instead of acknowledging that, he chose to be a smart @$$ with his response.

We can say that Lester did a full year as evening news host and he deserves an A+++ for the class he has shown throughout the whole Williams circus.

He is solid and brings weight to the show with his experience and likability. NBC made the right decision in a long long long long long time!

Agreed. I actually like Nightly News much better with Lester as anchor and the ratings show that most of America does, too. Thank you for posting your original comment noting that nearly one year has gone by since Lester took over.

• 2 weeks later...
Pay them no attention you didn't do anything wrong. They are the same few people who get upset if you do something they don't like but mean while it's nothing for them to bump old threads etc.

Thank you Jose for rushing to my defense :) I did not do anything wrong. I left the forum for a while cause I did not feel like getting into any conflict with anybody on this site. I am just contributing to the post. I have a lot to say cause I am a news junkie. I am not trolling, starting fights or posting obscene images. Bumping threads is a good thing cause if continues activity.

I guess people were bored and wanted to start something. I appreciate it Jose! :)

No overreaction. He bumped quite a few threads with meaningless comments. Ignorance of rules doesn't justify one's behavior, just like ignorance of the law isn't a legal defense to a committed crime. Some of it is common sense. When the rules were brought to his attention, instead of acknowledging that, he chose to be a smart @$$ with his response.

Thank you so much sir :) for helping me in my defense!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived