WFTV New Set (maybe new graphics?)

MikePulse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allright, it is official. Martha Sugalski just tweeted that she is on the WFTV team. She will be anchor at 6, 10 and 11! Where is Martie Salt going?

Maybe back to WFTS? She worked there when they started newscasts in the mid 90s. (Also, why'd they switch to ABC Action News from ABC 28 back in 2002? Wikipedia says it was because of "Viewer confusion" between 28 TB News and ABC 28; is that true?)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guys/os-martha-sugalski-goes-to-wftv-20150807-story.html

12pm-Vanessa Echols/Martie Salt

4pm-Vanessa Echols/Greg Warmoth

5pm-Vanessa Welch/Bob Opsahl

6pm Martha Sugalski/Bob Opshal

10pm Martha Sugalski/Jorge Estevez

11pm-Martha Sugalski/Greg Warmoth

Salt new role will be the station ambassador for 9 Family Connections and Aug 24, is when Martha will start her on-air duties.

For Salt isn't this what happen when Salt came back and Marla Weech was pushed aside to the 10pm news on Channel 27.

I wonder when KIRO and WPXI are going to get new sets, both are way overdue.

KIRO hasn't had a new set since they went to HD and WPXI hasn't had a new set since they moved to their new building back in 2007.

I mean, it's only been 8 years. Not too terribly long. KMBC is the same way. Aside from some minor updates of printed graphics or paneling, that set is also virtually unchanged since they moved into their new building in 07. I think 10 years is about the longest anyone should keep a set. 6-8 years seems like a good time for a new one or a large refresh.

I wonder when KIRO and WPXI are going to get new sets, both are way overdue.

KIRO hasn't had a new set since they went to HD and WPXI hasn't had a new set since they moved to their new building back in 2007.

Looks to be this fall for KIRO 7. Also intersting note, they moved their entire main set from Studio A to Studio B in one weekend! Thats talent right there. Interested to see what KIRO 7's new digs look like. Seems like COX is in a set building mood. I wonder who will be next after KIRO 7.

KIRO.gif.7227ab1e53a8bc04c09770132507fa6a.gif

Looks to be this fall for KIRO 7. Also intersting note, they moved their entire main set from Studio A to Studio B in one weekend! Thats talent right there. Interested to see what KIRO 7's new digs look like. Seems like COX is in a set building mood. I wonder who will be next after KIRO 7.

KIRO's studios look like they could handle a similar design. I feel like they need something a little more high tech since there based in Seattle.

WPXI also went HD on their new set. This would look good on WPXI, but with some slight changes to fit them a little better, also so it isn't a carbon copy.

WPXI's set isn't that old, all things considered. I'd be more inclined to update the current set and make the newsroom look a bit more visually interesting... WPXI probably has the nicest set in the Pittsburgh market as it is. They could stand to set themselves apart from the other stations, though... All three sets look the same (thanks FX Group...)

Archived