CBS Evening News

24994J

6 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

If he's able to and wants to, would it really be a good idea for CBS to bring back Dan maybe for one last election night? It seems that since this was his first appearance since his ouster years ago, it seems like CBS was able to give him a second chance and the controversy is all behind them. He still seems very sharp for 92.

I don’t think it’ll happen, but I could certainly see him filling an analyst/contributor/commentator role. Charlie Gibson did that for ABC in 2016.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He's a network talent I don't know why they won't give him a network job. He be good at it he appears on CBS Sunday Morning almost several time a month, he's a frequent fill-in on the Evening News. I don't know why they won't give him an opportunity. 

6 hours ago, GraphicsMan said:

He's a network talent I don't know why they won't give him a network job. He be good at it he appears on CBS Sunday Morning almost several time a month, he's a frequent fill-in on the Evening News. I don't know why they won't give him an opportunity. 

Where exactly would he go at the network? It’s not like they have an obvious open vacancy and he’s likely just fine in his current role.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Where exactly would he go at the network? It’s not like they have an obvious open vacancy and he’s likely just fine in his current role.

Yeah true, we was doing the same at WNBC part-timing with the network also, I recognize there very few slot to gt into network. Getting to network news today is like getting into an Ivy League college. But I hear he makes a lot of money in his current role.