WDBJ to get new set

tw-804

• 3 weeks later...

Also note, they pre-empted reruns of Andy Griffith for weather coverage. One has to wonder when they'll finally debut a newscast at 5:30- after all, their rivals have had them for years, and they could always move Andy back an hour, or put him on their MyNet subchannel.

Also note, they pre-empted reruns of Andy Griffith for weather coverage. One has to wonder when they'll finally debut a newscast at 5:30- after all, their rivals have had them for years, and they could always move Andy back an hour, or put him on their MyNet subchannel.

Plus, the Saturday morning news was expanded for weather coverage as well. They'll expand their weekend morning newscasts too at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the 7 shaped desk. It is refreshing to see a little spice in a world where most sets are cookie cutter.

They also got new graphics (nice step up from what they had before)

But, they are still using Impact V.2 (which is starting to sound really tired)

The "7"-shaped desk is so '70s... WTVJ for example. Yawn, next! We're running out of original ideas for new desks, aren't we?

Well, yeah, but now it's kinda retro- outside of WTVJ, when wa the last time you saw a desk shaped like the station's number and/or logo. I mean, WSVN and/or WHDH never seem to have done that, and you'd think they would.

Well, yeah, but now it's kinda retro- outside of WTVJ, when wa the last time you saw a desk shaped like the station's number and/or logo. I mean, WSVN and/or WHDH never seem to have done that, and you'd think they would.

Nah, I don't wanna see that. And its been a long time, but its an idea that should've stayed in the '70s. That's my point. It's not original anymore.

Here's the video that features WTVJ's "4"-shaped desk in the '70s (CBS at the time - 1:36-1:38 into):

7-shaped desks? The first thing I thought of were these. Nothing new, and you apparently don't even need to be on channel 7 to have one. I think they look really awkward when it comes to shot blocking too...

DDG_KSAZ-AnchorDeskE_WebS.jpg

grabbed from here

maxresdefault.jpg

grabbed from

Archived