WTKR new set

newsie

It may not be as "flavorful" as the old logo, but I actually like it. Clean, simple, and not atrocious.

I'm betting based on that coloration they're getting the WTTV/WTVR version of the eye graphics.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new logo and look, just by looking at that newspaper ad... a whole lot better.

I believe the change is taking place today, but I'm not really sure. As of this post, 11:12am ET, the old logo and graphics are still being used on air and at WTKR.com.

I'll check by 12:00 Noon time.

EDIT: Nope. Still using old graphics and logo.

The new logo and look, just by looking at that newspaper ad... a whole lot better.

I believe the change is taking place today, but I'm not really sure. As of this post, 11:12am ET, the old logo and graphics are still being used on air and at WTKR.com.

The soon to be old graphics package needs not only deleted but sent to the depths of hell. #WorstPackageEver

-- Matt

Been watching the 5 & 5:30 pm shows with no change to anything

It's been a slow rollout. Word is, the new logo's been up in a banner at Harbor Park since the beginning of the Tides' season.

Looks kinda generic like they hired the same person who did WVEC's logo to do theirs.

I agree. I wish WTKR made a better logo than that. Maybe add a glossy look.

WVEC's logo is more polished vs. WTRK's new logo.

*WTKR.

Also, that sounds like KTRK to me. :p

WVEC's logo is more polished vs. WTRK's new logo.

Speaking of WVEC, the WTKR rollout actually reminds me of WVEC's changeover to 13NewsNow back in 2012(?). It took them a while to roll the graphics out after doing the on air switch

Speaking of WVEC, the WTKR rollout actually reminds me of WVEC's changeover to 13NewsNow back in 2012(?). It took them a while to roll the graphics out after doing the on air switch

So when the big day for the graphics, the logo, the set to make it debut? Does anybody know when? I'm happy for WTKR for the updated look, but it seems to be years in the making.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll say that the management at WTKR should've tried hard not to let WAVY to debut before them when they've been on their temp set for almost 3 months if I not mistaken. I know there's probably structural things they had to do but when a competitor station announced to getting a new set as well, that should have put a pep in their step. This shows why WAVY is #1 in the market.

*Sorry for the mini rant.

I'll say that the management at WTKR should've tried hard not to let WAVY to debut before them when they've been on their temp set for almost 3 months if I not mistaken. I know there's probably structural things they had to do but when a competitor station announced to getting a new set as well, that should have put a pep in their step. This shows why WAVY is #1 in the market.

*Sorry for the mini rant.

That is probably true, considering that set lasted as long as those graphics.

But, they've been building since MARCH. They either must be building an entire brand new building from the ground up... or have the worst set design group.

But, they've been building since MARCH. They either must be building an entire brand new building from the ground up... or have the worst set design group.

I don't know what's taking them so long with the new set, they need to call Z-space like WAVY did!

• 4 weeks later...

How long can they be on this temporary set? It needs to be done in last August or early September, THREE MONTHS is waayyy toooo long to build that set!!!!!

How long can they be on this temporary set? It needs to be done in last August or early September, THREE MONTHS is waayyy toooo long to build that set!!!!!

Me and my friend has an ongoong bet on whose set will debut first. KGO or WTKR.

Me and my friend has an ongoong bet on whose set will debut first. KGO or WTKR.

Rumor has it they had ALOT of technical work that needed to be done in addition to just the new set.

I'm putting my money on NBC Boston to build out a new set before TKR though.

Rumor has it they had ALOT of technical work that needed to be done in addition to just the new set.

I'm putting my money on NBC Boston to build out a new set before TKR though.

Haha yes!!! My guess is that they are waiting until after the Olympics or premier week of 2016-2017 season.

Maybe building the set isn't the only thing they're doing... There could be a lot of boring things going on like asbestos abatement (Their building WAS built in the early 60's) or installing new electrical. Maybe the floor needs to be reinforced. Perhaps set pieces got damaged in transport and needed to be rebuilt.

There's A LOT of extra work that goes into putting in a new set. It's not as simple as those timelapse videos make it look.

Archived