KNTV/NBC Bay Area working on a new studio?

Wonder what's going on. The set is still relatively new at five years old and looks good but I think could use more space.

I think KSTS/ Telemundo Área de la Bahía just got a set in the past two years.

Maybe they're shoehorning that gigantic skyline video backdrop from WNBC that some of the other stations have gotten.

Sure looks like it. Just a few upgrades according to Jeff Raineri. What else do they have to upgrade, beside the video monitors?

[MEDIA=twitter]711438093358792704[/MEDIA]

Sure looks like it. Just a few upgrades according to Jeff Raineri. What else do they have to upgrade, beside the video monitors?

They should update their virus software...and change the batteries in the smoke detectors....and move the clocks ahead 1 hour...then wait that 1 hour before swimming.

That was on the news.

[MEDIA=twitter]711438093358792704[/MEDIA]

Nope, it's a whole new set by Devlin. Never trust the weatherman. LOL ;)

A new set already? The old set still looked really good. I'm guessing they'll debut new graphics along with the new set.

So I'm guessing they'll debut the new set in about three to four weeks?

Are you are its a new set??? There set isn't that bad and could have gone without a update for a couple of years. KGO and KTVU are the ones who need a new set. I just think its a refresh and nothing more.

They were back broadcasting from the studio this morning and 11am. The weather monitor was still down and they were using the traffic wall (green screen) in the newsroom.

Yes I agree, KGO is way beyond overdue for a news set. Their second studio was larger in size and should've moved into there instead of letting it go to KRON.

• 2 weeks later...
Are they installing this new set in the current studio, or another one?

Still doing news in the studio. Weather still being done on the Morning Traffic Green Screen in the Newsroom tonight.

Are they installing this new set in the current studio, or another one?

Aside from KSTS' studio, the only other studio in their building is a smaller, narrow production studio sandwiched between the KNTV and KSTS news studios. The news studios aren't excessively big and the current news set takes up most of it, so I'm not sure where they'd build anything new (especially two 53-foot trailers worth of set stuff) with it still in there.

I'd imagine they have some excess space in the current building, so it's not completely inconceivable that they're working on an entirely new studio...but unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...

You can see their temp set up. Looks like they only salvaged the anchor shot with the rear projector and wall and set up the desk where the weather wall used to be.

To regular viewers it looks like a normal set. But us folks can see the difference lol since it's a tight 2 anchor shot.

Didn't know their current studio opened up into the newsroom. I assumed it was all closed off when they got that set.

Their temporary studio looks like it would be decently sized but the desk takes up most of the room.

Looks like they got delayed. Even though they mentioned yesterday that today was the big day on Facebook unless they debut tonight. Still broadcasting from the temp set up.

Looks like they got delayed. Even though they mentioned yesterday that today was the big day on Facebook unless they debut tonight. Still broadcasting from the temp set up.

Set launches typically occur in the afternoon/evening because it gives staff time to work out the kinks.

Archived